Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MurphyMultiplier & Boyles

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Hes very deep in the 250k...ship it murphy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

yeh he qualified for the 250k off a satty of 30 dollars, and is now in the last 16, with 2k+ guaranteed for him. 45k top prize

Now he's just showing off! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭applehunter

Impressive performance.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

great achievement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 halibut2

go on murphy you nut

• Advertisement

took a cruel beat but still in...

just doubled...still below average but this man knows no fear

gone in 11th..great run...fair play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭pistolpeter

Yea pretty sick, The AJ v K5 was a big pot for me when he hit trips on the turn. Never really got back into it after that.

I hate bubbling final tables :(

Yea pretty sick, The AJ v K5 was a big pot for me when he hit trips on the turn. Never really got back into it after that.

I hate bubbling final tables :(

He was at it for ages and when you did catch him he fockin sucked out..Sick UL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

WP Pete. Great achievement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lillou

Well played Pete! Now you just have to win the Irish Open. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

I haven't commented on this thread so far.

Firstly I want to congratulate Pete on this. Its a great achievement. However I dont see the point of it. Please bare with me, Pete is a friend and Im not having a go at him in the slightest here.

Surely the point of these things is to show people that with good bankroll managemet "anyone" can grind up the levels and achieve poker success.

Chris Ferguson did something similar and it does provide a great example for players.

But all this seems to prove to me is that Pete who is a great tournament player. A player who is hugely +ev in high stakes tournaments can win low stakes mtts!

I dont think it really gives many people hope as Pete's skills sets are so far above the average joe.

It would be a different story completly if someone did it grinding the levels of cash?

It just seems to be a big propaganda pr stunt from Boyles imo.

Well done Pete, although we all knew you were one of the best MTT players!

Once again I am not trying to take away from the achievement of Pete here. I am just wondering what this proves to the poker community?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Surely the point of these things is to show people that with good bankroll managemet "anyone" can grind up the levels and achieve poker success.

I dont think it really gives many people hope as Pete's skills sets are so far above the average joe.

Well done Pete, although we all knew you were one of the best MTT players!

Please forgive the obvious pointing to contradiction but this wasnt the average joe doing this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Are you for real? It's called "marketing". Look at the publicity Boyle's got from it. Very clever imo.

Also it's good to see an Irish bookmaker giving so many Irish Poker players backing and sponsorship.

Oh I know that Nicky. I think its great for Irish Poker and Boyles have been as good to me as anyone. Think Paul and Ciaran do a great job.

Im not contradicting myself at all there. In fact its my exact point. These things are usually supposed to show that any Joe Soap or Bad Beat JOe can achieve what Pete has but in actual fact, it just shows that Pete is a great player not only at high stakes mtts but low stakes mtts?

I just am not sure what this proves?

Maybe I am completly missing the point, is this supposed to achieve anything?

Once again I dont want to be misunderstood here. I am all for Pete and Boyles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

It has proved one thing to me that poker is more to do with skill than luck, especially for newbie poker players like me who feel like they are banging their heads against the wall...

It gives me a bit of hope to continue and learn about the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Oh I know that Nicky. I think its great for Irish Poker and Boyles have been as good to me as anyone. Think Paul and Ciaran do a great job.

Im not contradicting myself at all there. In fact its my exact point. These things are usually supposed to show that any Joe Soap or Bad Beat JOe can achieve what Pete has but in actual fact, it just shows that Pete is a great player not only at high stakes mtts but low stakes mtts?

I just am not sure what this proves?

Maybe I am completly missing the point, is this supposed to achieve anything?

Once again I dont want to be misunderstood here. I am all for Pete and Boyles!

I think it shows where determination will get you, and how setting yourself a challenge or a goal can be very rewarding. I'm sure it will inspire other players to try to do the same. It actually already has. Look at that guy Adrian McCarthy who deposited $100 and spun it up to $135,000!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

well done man, super achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

well done pete wp

NickyOD wrote: »
    Are you for real? It's called "marketing". Look at the publicity Boyle's got from it. Very clever imo.

I agree Nicky,

Whatever Genius came up with that idea should be properly rewarded imo - ;)

IO entry???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

Rory let me refer you to a blog i wrote on how/why we did this

http://boylepokerblog.com/index.php/murphys-multiplier/the-murphy-multiplier-blog.html#more-466

Marketing, community building, player profile and promotion of pokerswat were all part of the mix but the honest answer is it seemed like good fun...and it was.

Congrats Donal but as Krusty asks Bart after Bart reminds him of all the times he has saved his life, 'What have you done for me lately!'

got you into ridleys! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

believe me that was not considered a plus

Thanks Paul.

They are all good reasons. I just wasnt sure if Pete was suppossed to be setting an example for everyone to follow, because as we know Pete is alot better than the average player.

FUN Paul???!!! well not sure talking to Pete at some of the earlier stages was having fun! Lol

Well done again and best of luck to Pete, Boyle and Pokerswat!

Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

To do this on any site is amazing, to do it on iPoker is a miracle! Well done. Wish I had your luck skills. :p

iPoker hates me though, so it'll never happen for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

Awesome achievement, not many capable of this, speaks volumes of your playing ability, discipline and bankroll management imo

WP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

BRM goes out the window on iPoker. With all the breaks he took I am amazed he did it legitimately, on suck-out central especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Best of luck Pete. A class player and Ive no doubt you will achieve this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Is there a time limit? Not that hard (For him) if there isn't IMO

Advertisement