Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skydiving/Aerial Sports Forum

Options
  • 15-01-2009 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm trying to get into skydiving and presumed Boards would have a forum on the subject. But none exists. I've read threads posted here about it and thought it might be a good idea to try to get a separate forum to include all aerial sports such as>

skydiving, parachuting, bungee jumping, base jumping, hang gliding, paragliding, and ballooning.

If you have an interest in any of these activities or like me you want to get involved in an aerial sport then show your interest here.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i have a massive interest in these sports but the demand just isnt there for this forum like loads of other fora on boards it would sit there unused imo. this very forum is already far too quiet for my liking, splitting it up again would make it even worse

if it does get the go ahead i would do my best to be an active user and pass on the little knowledge i have in the area of skydiving

if its skydiving in particular your interested in then i recomend www.dropzone.com

for base jumping www.basejumper.com

www.skydiveul.org is an irish college skydiving club website and it has a forum but its hugely active right now

there are around 100,000 people who skydive regularly we cant afford to be split up into loads of tiny forums :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Dan Sanchez

We could just keep the thread going with enough posters it could end up staying.
    Im just starting out at it, hoping to do an AFF soon if I can get the money. Only bin doing tandems.
    Some info...

http://www.skydive.ie/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 FestivalFox

There is an irish skydiving forum

www.irishskydivers.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Another site well worth a look www.skydiveireland.ie :D

Advertisement