Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap External Hard Drives

• 15-01-2009 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

There's 500Gb external hard drives going for E89.99 in Argos at the moment. They've stickers on the prices, so I imagine they were dearer. Im planning on getting one tomorrow. Hope I've helped somehow!

(On page 1767 or something like that. Top left of the second page of External hard drives, the first one down.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

Interesting...
    Do you know the make / model ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Hold the phones! Theres terabyte hard drives on dabs.ie for €100 delivered. I'll find the link in a sec..

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=58MM&CategorySelectedId=11157&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11157,50327

I think its around 103 after delivery. I ordered one a couple of days ago, should be getting it tomorrow. Double capacity for €10 extra is worth it.

Can anyone get through to mehfesto2? I'd feel bad if she/he wastes her/his money tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Go for the good HDD, not just cheap one. Check Bargain Alerts. I have got there the information and bought 1TB Western Digital for €95 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Interesting...
    Do you know the make / model ?

Maxtors I think and not reduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Cheers lads - Glad I caught this when I did; Doubt I would've been online tomorrow. 1tb seems excessive for me, but hey, better to have it for that much extra space for only a tenner. Thanks lads. This board rocks.

• Advertisement

soccerc wrote: »
    Maxtors I think and not reduced.

I would stay away from Maxtors at all costs. Having said that, I'm not sure which is inside the Buffalo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Hey guys I got a Western Digital 1tb from komplett for 102. Great Hard drive and pkenty of storage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Check out pixmania, some good deals there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

ThOnda wrote: »
    Go for the good HDD, not just cheap one. Check Bargain Alerts. I have got there the information and bought 1TB Western Digital for €95 delivered.

That's a very good price for WD - have you got a link??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I think it was X-mass offer on Boffer cough uk. They have only one item per day, but worth looking. Komplett is the easy bet, I bought there my first external HDD two years ago - 320GB for €128.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

i recently bought a Maxtor 500gb external in PC World for €90. Apparently Maxtor are a reputable name when it comes to things like this.

Remember being in Wexford over Christmas and one shop tried to sell me a 320gb (unknown make) for €250!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Yeah,i'v had no problem with maxtor HDD's
    Or any for that matter,they only break when i'v dropped then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

dont forget the backup for your back up - to be sure to be sure !

.....and keep at least one back up separate from your main computer so if the house burns down or is broken into, both the computer and backup dont both disappear at the same time ad you are left with nothing :mad:

.....LR allows a double backup to be done as photos are imported

... now this reminds me to do a backup of my computer ...last done on 5 December :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

I'm pretty sure PC World have WD 1TB Drives for about €105. It was one of these but in Silver
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=420463

My Buffalo arrived, doesnt run too hot and seems as good as any other external HDD I've used. Makes a very futuristic-ey sound when starting spinning too, so im happy :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

500 gb external for 59 in aldi next week. I'll probably pick one up as a spare...

Edit : its a 250gb portable. crap :(

Advertisement