Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-irish mature student

Options
  • 15-01-2009 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

My cousin who is from the UK has been living here for a couple of years. She wants to apply to university as a mature student. However she can only afford to go if she is eligable for free fees. She has been to university in the uk before but did not complete her degree. She has been told that if she was in college more than 5 years ago she would be eligable but she was last in college 4 years ago. What i was wondering is how can CAO or the university check that she was in college before? Does she have to declare this?!

Comments

Yes she has to declare this. If she isn't honest and has a previous qualification, she would be committing fraud.

Just as a mod note, any discussions on anything to do with fraud (i.e. asking how to defraud the Government) won't be taking place here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 piggyc

She isn't thinking about committing fraud..just wanted to know if she is entitled to anything because as i said in my first post she doesn't have a degree.

Advertisement