Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Models

• 16-01-2009 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Where's the best place to post ads for modelling?

I'm looking for them to pose for free

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Oh jezzz - if you were a model looking for a photographer for free you might be linched around here :D Meh.... maybe not but it would depend on your approach so perhaps there is something to learn for the experiences. Some have been linched and others have done fine.

modelmayhem and folio32 are two that I know of.

When approaching, remember that you are hoping to get something for free out of it - so you are in bend over backwards mode. Not suggesting that you have one but leave any attitude subliminal or otherwise at the door on the way into the forum.

The problem appears here when someone comes looking for free photographs to be taken without respecting that photographers also have bought their gear, served their time, learned their skill, will spend time, some make a living from it, etc.., etc... and they want something for free. Appreciate that as you go looking to another forum.

It's not unusual and if you look under the forum on folio32.com you'll see people offering opportunities and state if its a TFP or a TFCD or a paid job. I personally think if people came to this forum looking for a photographer for free and present their case as a photographic opportunity if anyone wanted to try a model shoot out, then they'd get a far easier ride. To do this, you should state what kind of shoot such that it might interest someone. Are you planning to shoot something different, a different location, an unusual style, or classic portraiture - state the detail that it will show you have something to offer the model rather than a case of "sure call around, I'll click, and see what turns out".

I'd also suggest that if you're new to the model forum you could/should touch base with their forum moderator - run by them what you want to do / achieve and seek advice from them - them being the local knowledge on how things work. It could save lots of tears and a job for the moderator of sorting things out after.

If anyone reacts negatively to you remember you are the one seeking something for nothing and be gracious in accepting any criticism that they may have of your post / approach and learn from it. Try not to retaliate back as you'll quickly find yourself on your own with lots of 'them' on their own people's side.

Thread carefully anyhow and try not to upset anyone.

Good luck with your search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

You might try to hang out some notes around colleges and unis, rather than posting it online? I'd say -well, at least if there's a few quid involved- there would be some students interested? And as professional models go... Ur, no ideas :-)

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Also you get a fair few promises that come to nothing, I've had a few girls saying they would love to get some shots done but then they never agree to anything. It is hard to get them but if you could even scrounge up €50 you might get lucky. I dont even have the problem of the weird internet dude phobia because I'm a girl.

Hopefully I will have one next week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭al_

Look at gumtree, there are a few models on there looking for photographers. Time for Pictures is a common practise with models so dont be afraid of asking, they are getting as much out of it as you are after all.
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PJsurfs

Cheers for the replies

I apologise for coming across to anyone here as flippant, i did not mean to be disrespectful in any shape way or form

I studied photojournalism as part of my H-Dip in Journalism and am looking for people to pose for portraits - headshots only

here is a sample of what I mean:

http://pjsurfs.deviantart.com/art/I-am-man-109463322

I'll be focusing on the sentence 'I am...'

I find it profound. An idea we have become obsessed with.

I've been looking into purchasing a new Nikon D90 but at the moment I'm making use with a Panasonic lumix dmc fz7

I'm not looking for anything too serious in a model. Just an idea of who they are and five minutes of their time... I might try putting posters up around college.

Anybody doing a shoot and looking for a spare dogs body i'm your man

Would treasure the experience

i also play music --- www.myspace.com/pjoshea

hit me back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

PJsurfs wrote: »
    I apologise for coming across to anyone here as flippant, i did not mean to be disrespectful in any shape way or form

Not at all - you didn't post enough to consider you flippant :D Apologies to you if my post seemed to take your intentions from a flippant point of view. I was trying to put a bit of reverse engineering into models that come here on rare occasions and some succeed whilst others don't get on very well at all - it appears to be in the approach. I hope overall what I posted was useful and didn't have too much of a condescending tone (not intended at all).

Good luck with it.

Advertisement