Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help with BMW Bluetooth

Options
  • 16-01-2009 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭

I have a 520D with Bluetooth and all works fine except for one thing ..

If I pick up my phone (while connected to the bluetooth) and dial a number, my number will be displayed to the recipient of the call as expected.

But if I dial a number using the idrive screen (or the voice dialing) it doesn't display my number to the recipient ! Very annoying as a lot of people now won't answer a 'private number' call.

Can anyone throw any light on this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I can't help specifically with your problem but I have had different types of hassle in the past with BMW bluetooth. Its very sensitive to what phones it will operate correctly with, in particular in regards to transferring the address book

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

I think they're just niggles that the software has.

I always just dial from my phonebook so I've never encountered your problem but I can vouch for the contacts not working with some phones. Nokia N95 being one but any Blackberry I've had works fine with the bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Try logging on to the Nokia website and seeing if there are any software upgrades available for your phone (might need a data cable or bluetooth dongle).

The problem you described is a common issue that's usually solved by by the above process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

R.O.R wrote: »
    Try logging on to the Nokia website and seeing if there are any software upgrades available for your phone (might need a data cable or bluetooth dongle).

The problem you described is a common issue that's usually solved by by the above process.

I'm using a Blackberry not a Nokia, but to be honest I've used different phones and it makes no difference. It's like I need to turn on a 'Show my id' function on the kit but there is no option.

By the way MarkN, both my N95 and N96 transfered contacts no probelm as does the Storm I'm using now.

Is there a code like #30# or something that turns on caller display ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I've been driving a BMW with bluetooth recently, and I use a Nokia N95 8gb. I don't think that happens with my phone, but i'll check today. It shouldn't though, as I understand it the bluetooth only links the sound & dialling to the car, the call still goes from the phone itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Tried that, works fine for me.

Anan1 wrote: »
    I've been driving a BMW with bluetooth recently, and I use a Nokia N95 8gb. I don't think that happens with my phone, but i'll check today. It shouldn't though, as I understand it the bluetooth only links the sound & dialling to the car, the call still goes from the phone itself.
    Yeah makes no sense to me either .. I would have assumed the phone is making the call so it would make noe difference but still no joy !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Have you got the contacts in your phone on sim or phone?

MarkN wrote: »
    Have you got the contacts in your phone on sim or phone?
    I have my contacts on my phone .. but the problem is nothing to do with my contacts, it happens whether I ring a contact from the phone book or just dial a number thats not in my contacts. The problem is my number wont display on the person I'm calling's phone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

You might want to check the profile setting on your phone for the ones in use when you conenct via the car kit - sometimes you can set the options differently and under there may have the withheld number on ?

Longshot - but you seem to have everything else OK...

• Advertisement
Advertisement