Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorsport Annual?

• 16-01-2009 1:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the 2008 Motorsport Annual in the shops, its usually in easons around december time onwards.
    I have not seen it for sale in any shop yet, and I really want a copy of it.

Has anyone actually bought a copy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I've seen the F1 and the MotoGp Annual before xmas. These things usually arrive for xmas, then disappear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

It was available in the run up to Christmas, there is some info, including the publishers here: http://www.irish-rallying.com/article.php?article_id=081208/150815

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Saw it in Spar on Westmoreland Street if that's any help to you.

Bought mine in Rush before Xmas, great read as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Kersh wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the 2008 Motorsport Annual in the shops, its usually in easons around december time onwards.
    I have not seen it for sale in any shop yet, and I really want a copy of it.

Has anyone actually bought a copy?

If it's the 'Irish Motorsport Annual' you're talking about, I had the same problem finding it this year. Easons here in Portlaoise didn't seem to have it either which is unusual as that's where I bought it last year and I had to try a couple of other newsagents before I found it on sale somewhere. It seems to be getting harder and harder with each passing year to find places selling it as I seem to recall years ago most newsagents stocked it and there wasn't as much hastle in tracking down a copy as there seems to be now. I don't know if anyone else thinks the same but I've found that since they switched publishers a few years back it seems to be becoming more of an issue in tracking it down each year.

Can't help you out, Kersh, in finding places in Dublin that have it, I'm afraid, but dcr22b might be onto something in checking out that Spar he mentioned. If not, maybe try contacting the publishers directly and they might be able to point you in the right direction. Hope you manage to track down a copy anyway as it's always nice to keep the old collection going, isn't it? :D

Advertisement