Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless printer

Options
  • 16-01-2009 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a Samsung CLP 310 laser printer. I originally installed it through a USB cable but the printer is wireless enabled so I thought I'd give it a go. I connected a cable from the modem to the printer. All the right lights are on, everything looks ok but nothing is printing. Should I just uninstall and re install using the wireless option ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Managed to get it sorted. For anyone else trying to connect a wireless printer, its not as straightforward as I thought.
    Basically you have to plug your printer into your modem, the printer picks up the IP address, you then configure the laptop to the printers settings. Thats roughly whats involved

Advertisement