Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Exhaust gaskets

Options
  • 16-01-2009 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Just replaced the midpipe on my RX8 and the fit between the midpipe and the backbox pipes isnt as snug as it was. I havent tried it yet, largely because it started pissing rain before i could tighten it up, but im expecting alot of leakage from the joint.

The stock system is supposed to have a "doughnut gasket" in the joint between the midpipe and the backbox and for whatever reason the guy who was installing the new backbox last year didnt put this back in. He probablly didnt need it but i think i do in this case.

Its going to be noisey enough as it is without leaks before the backbox, Am i likely to be able to phone a motor factors in the morning and get a generic 3 inch doughnut gasket off the shelf? Would prefer to aviod the €€€ Mazda route if possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

After some further googling im after something along the lines of this, if the term "doughnut gasket" doesnt make sense...
    FitHeaderInstall18.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 steeo

Dowt you will get it in a motor factors but if you give your local exhaust fitting centre a buzz they might have 1.

Advertisement