Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VEC Night Classes

Options
  • 16-01-2009 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

If anyone fancies doing night classes, this is just a heads up that the VEC's enrolling for the Spring 2009 classes next week throughout the county. Maybe they might be of interest to someone here.

Click here for pdf with all the details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

I dont mean to cause anyone any offence and im sure some of the classes are good fun but why have courses like Dog Grooming/Care, Brazilian Dancing and Yoga (Relaxation/Meditation) and NO courses to do with Irish History, Irish Literature or anything even remotely useful. I wait every 6 months for this list to come out and every time i'm dissapointed. Its the same in Carlow and waterford too.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Since when was Irish literature "useful"? :D

I would suggest you contact the VEC if you are interested in a course in a particular area. If enough people make enquiries I'm sure they would put one on.

Thanks for posting the list Firetrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

MsFifers wrote: »
    I would suggest you contact the VEC if you are interested in a course in a particular area. If enough people make enquiries I'm sure they would put one on.

Thats a good point. Instead of moaning about it i should do something. Maybe i should use the boards to see if anyone is interested. I personally would love to do a course on either Irish History or Car Mechanics. Anyone else got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I too await the list every 6 months or so. Kilkenny has very little choice when it comes to courses.

I'm considering long-distance/internet learning now TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Well, I suppose it's down to market forces. I've done a few of those courses down the years and have enjoyed them. They're a nice way to kill a few hours of a winter's night. I do agree about a better choice though. The problem is that if there aren't enough people wanting to do a course, it's cancelled. Has happened to me. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

hey lads, stupid questions time, to sign up for a class do you just go to the location listed at the times listed? Also anyone know if you can pay via credit card or is it cash/cheque only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I was talking to one of the staff there that I know and she recommends that you go to the sign in EARLY. Apparently these courses are very popular and fill up very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

To sign up you have to go to the enrollment night as listed at the top of the page - ie tonight at the new school. And they don't take credit cards (at least they never have done).

Advertisement