Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best printer for photo printing (home use but must be semi pro)?

Options
  • 16-01-2009 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I would like an afforable A3 machine which prints excellent quality photos and graphics. Does anyone have any information on what to buy? The machine would be for home use but should be of excellent quality. Any ideas? Epson perhaps? Also any ideas on scanners? Thanks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I've always found A3 printers and scanners to be ridiculous prices. Maybe i'm missing something here, but surely its just doubling the size of existing technology (you can get cheap A4 printers for about 40 quid these days)

Anyway, not sure about a printer, but we use an Epson GT-15000 in work and its excellent. It's a huge yoke though and pricey enough (approx £900). I'm not sure if that would count as affordable for you. If you weren't going to use it a lot, I'd out-outsource the printing and/or scanning to a print shop. I know this is expensive but you have to look at how much you will be printing/scanning, and which option is more economic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Kieo

i have an epson r1800 A3 printer. i love it. it cost me 600euro last year and i get the ink from the net so its not that expensive to run. it gives high quality prints with gloss covering. it also prints on canvas roll and printable cd/dvd discs. just a suggestion. the only really expense is finding the A3 paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

I would highly reccomend the Epson r2880. An excellent machine, fantastic quality.
    It retails at about €699 at the moment.

Advertisement