Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your poison for self destruct mode?

Options
  • 16-01-2009 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭

We all have it, a certain alcoholic beverage that makes us do bad/questionable/strange things.... (apart from normal drunken behaviour that is!)

I know wine makes some of my friends cry uncontrollably...
    I know other friends who will start fights from drinking cider....

for me when i may be recovering from an emotional trauma or break up of some kind or just up to get rotten drunk it would appear that jagerbombs seem to mess me up quite well and leave me feeling like im about to have a heart attack and render me incapable of sleeping resulting in having the shakes for the remaining 12 hours!

So do tell.... when your on "self destruct mode" what will it be???!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Absinthe of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Vodka + Red Bull = Crazy Time^2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

that would be kinda hard to get a hold of here in Ireland wouldnt it??!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Well Jagermeister and Red Bull has the effect of deleting quite a few of my memory cells, even on nights when i'm not completely balloobas. For that reason I have a serious issue with forgetting peoples names, and its like I have to keep reintroducing myself each time! Haven't had some in a good while though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Tequilla = Lolly Destruction!

EDIT: red wine gets me friskaaay! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Absinthe as well here. Pighead once crushed a live dwarf with a stuffed dinosaur whilst under the spell of the green fairy. Or it could have been a stuffed dwarf with a live dinosaur. Either way, Pigheads mind was not his own that week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've been hitting my self destruct button for the last few hours.

It comes in a bottle, with a black label and its called Vodka.

In awhile I'll listen to Paul Brady's 'The Island', then I'll go to bed thinking about all the people I really fvcking hate, the fvcker's I really would hurt right now.

Believe it or not I'll pray, not a constructed prayer like the fvcking Hail Mary or some sh*t. But I'll pray for those who I sincerely care about, I often think about the people I've hurt in my past when I'm feeling like this.

I won't sleep well, because I seldom totally switch off.

Then in the morning (I'm not in work) I'll curse myself, then I'll hit boards.ie and search my posts to see if I've made a gee of myself.

Tomorrow, I might curse the OP of this thread.

I've a lot of fvcking demon's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

What? You can't blame your attitude, anger or something stupid thing you did on what type of drink you drank that night... I don't change no matter what I drink, it's all in your heads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You know you're in for a good time when there's a polar bear bleeding on the label.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭sassa

double vodka + double jack daniels + coke = 1 very nice drink with side effects!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Some very honest answers here ;) With me it's the Meths !

course I'm only joking .

nite nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Vodka in any serious amount (more than a shoulder) tends to send me pretty bananas. I'll generally wake up with only the vaguest idea of what I got up to before going to sleep, and yet the most acute feeling of shame and mortification.

Beer I'm grand on, wine I'm alright, whiskey makes me happay, gin makes me violently ill, shots I can take like a pro, but I don't really like them anymore (well, the odd tequila or four to finish a night up nicely like)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Cheap wine necked from the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Has to be Double Vodka and Coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

Absinthe turns me into a different person. Then again, the atoms in your body are constantly being swapped with the enviroment, rendering the concept of a self invalid.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I usually turn to chocolate. I'm a manly man!

I'd imagine Southern Comfort would be the drink I'd turn to, seeing as it's the only stuff I've ever had to taste before and after digestion...

An honourable mention for Jagermeister too, racing friends through triple-measures is always hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I hope I don't come across as a lightweight but a cup of tea really fúcks me up, I've ruined weddings and the likes over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

JD and coke.

But I can feel myslef getting pissed off after about 5 or so and I cool the drinking.Still results in me roaring abuse at some fat doll trying to dance then me running off when she thinks Iam intrested in a tackle.Not having any of it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭sassa

I hope I don't come across as a lightweight but a cup of tea really fúcks me up, I've ruined weddings and the likes over it.

when you start with the earl grey you'll know you've gone too far!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Listened to Paul Brady's 'The Island'.

I'm fairly fvcking hammered, thoughts & images of those poor people in Gaza and the same people I met in Lebanon are fvcking me around.. Yup, Vodka's my friend indeed.

Bed or another glass?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Double vodka and lime cordial. I don't mind a double vodka and orange as a substitute but its not as nice. Makes for a ****ed up very expensive night. The last time I was let lose on those I woke up in my bed with a broken arm, and I dont remember how it happened or how I got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Toilet Duck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

We all have it, a certain alcoholic beverage that makes us do bad/questionable/strange things.... (apart from normal drunken behaviour that is!)

I know wine makes some of my friends cry uncontrollably...
    I know other friends who will start fights from drinking cider....

for me when i may be recovering from an emotional trauma or break up of some kind or just up to get rotten drunk it would appear that jagerbombs seem to mess me up quite well and leave me feeling like im about to have a heart attack and render me incapable of sleeping resulting in having the shakes for the remaining 12 hours!

So do tell.... when your on "self destruct mode" what will it be???!!!

Whiskey it's the only drink to get me going.I havn't drank it in ten years.Id be fightin' the trees in the garden if I drank it

Toilet Duck.

mix with varnish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Mairt wrote: »
    Bed or another glass?.

Another bottle I think.

Mairt wrote: »
    Listened to Paul Brady's 'The Island'.

I'm fairly fvcking hammered, thoughts & images of those poor people in Gaza and the same people I met in Lebanon are fvcking me around.. Yup, Vodka's my friend indeed.

Bed or another glass?.

another glass mad cnut!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Vodka and red bull = absolutely no recollection of anything that happened that night. I fcuking hate the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

mix with varnish

I believe Father Jack is partial to some of that every now and then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

all alcohol has the same effect on me, none have ever made me go mental, haven't tried absinthe yet though

Advertisement