Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia headphones - one long, one short??

• 16-01-2009 3:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

Can somebody please explain the logic in this to me, and Nokia is not the only brand that does this, i've the same problem with my Sony MP3 player. Basically the headphones i've got with the phone are in a practical sense, utterly useless. One is long, like the normal length, but the other headphone is about the length of my middle finger, so its useless, they might as well have given me just one headphone!

Why do Nokia and other manufacturers do this? Its totally retarded, cannot they not just supply you with normal full length headphones? What kind of retarded thinking is behind it!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

LOL

The longer one goes around the back of your head. It's a sort-of style thing I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

op, the longer one goes around the back of your neck so you dont have wires dangling in front of you. Please read your user manual or perhaps a google?

either way i hope this pic clears things up

faq_iaudio_earphone_how.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

loool

Damn nokia.. They cant even make similar length headphones :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Thread of the day tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Definitely! It puzzled me when I first saw those years ago too; I'm sure it happened to most of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

thanks for clearing this issue up guys. Although i still think they could supply us with normal headphone, i never have wires dangling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dont buy sony headphones either ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

grenache wrote: »
    thanks for clearing this issue up guys. Although i still think they could supply us with normal headphone, i never have wires dangling.

Most modern decent headphones are like that now. Its to make things easier and Nokia are just going with the flow. It looks odd and I suppose it does throw you a bit but in the end all works :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

grenache wrote: »

I would say these types of headphones have been the norm for at least a decade now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement