Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results

• 16-01-2009 4:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I know the exam results are out next week, but I was wondering does anyone know when the letters that let you know you've failed an exam come out. Even a rough idea?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Have no idea, sorry for steering this off a bit but does anyone know how many you have to actually pass...i had 3 and im pretty sure none of them went too well for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Austin 3:16

I'd imagine if you don't get a letter by Monday you'll be fine (sorry to ruin your weekend!).

On the failures, I think you were allowed to fail 4 (over the 2 semesters), obviously having to make em up in the repeats. I did Business (5-6 modules per semester) so the number of failures may vary for different courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Do they still send letters?

I thought I heard [yes yes, "i know this guy who's sisters boyfriends 4th cousin..." etc etc] that they didn't send letters for one of the semesters or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

O well, heres to monday then!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

kaimera wrote: »
    Do they still send letters?

I thought I heard [yes yes, "i know this guy who's sisters boyfriends 4th cousin..." etc etc] that they didn't send letters for one of the semesters or something?

im only in 2nd year but i remember you guys talking about this last new years and i think i remember that they only send letters at spring that cover both semesters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

PeakOutput wrote: »
    im only in 2nd year but i remember you guys talking about this last new years and i think i remember that they only send letters at spring that cover both semesters

You mean in the summer to cover both semesters?
    That way it'd cover overall repeats....I'm not sure tbh, just keep the fingers crossed that no letters arrive home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Max failure of 2 modules per semester thus 4 overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 johnculloty

anyone get any results yet lads?

Not yet...probably wont be availble until Thurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Bakharwaldog

Letters are only sent in summer i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

I thought that too. Why would they send letters? Its not exactly urgent.

Results out Thursdayish yeah? So I guess sometime tomorrow evening, as is the usual... Or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

hmm not up yet so much for beating the mad dash to hit the refresh button at the right time in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

a lad i know got a letter home today saying he failed.. aw no now i don't want to go home in case there's one there. even if there's not one there i'm not getting my hopes up i don't have much faith in an post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

I always heard that results were always up before the announced date. Anyone know what time they might be up ni the morning?

The Saint wrote: »
    I always heard that results were always up before the announced date. Anyone know what time they might be up ni the morning?

They used to be out on a Monday, and they'd be put up on Friday evening instead in the student CV section.

But that has changed now...I'd assume they'll be up about 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tones66

Mossin wrote: »
    They used to be out on a Monday, and they'd be put up on Friday evening instead in the student CV section.

But that has changed now...I'd assume they'll be up about 10am

Are ya sure they wont be up at midnight??

Tones66 wrote: »
    Are ya sure they wont be up at midnight??

Yeah I'm pretty sure that the people in ITD and SAA dont work nights...
    AFAIK they wont be up until early tmrw morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

They can keep my results.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Mossin wrote: »
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that the people in ITD and SAA dont work nights...
    AFAIK they wont be up until early tmrw morning
    Lazy bastards. Probably won't be able to access the site tomorrow with all the traffic.

They can keep my results.
    :D
    My man!! makes 2 of us

• Advertisement

Harpy wrote: »
    a lad i know got a letter home today saying he failed.. aw no now i don't want to go home in case there's one there. even if there's not one there i'm not getting my hopes up i don't have much faith in an post
    is that for definate? a letter to tell him he failed a module or that he failed the year?

I think I'm going to wait till someone eventually forces me to check my results/ eventually my curiosity make's me cave

I think I'm going to wait till someone eventually forces me to check my results/ eventually my curiosity make's me cave
    haha im praying that a miracle comes and if it does ill have a serious session tommorow night! im thinking attendance is going to seriously let me down!!

Yeah I think I should of done more study. Night before was obviously not sufficient. Lodging it either way sunday night :P

im thinking beering at the house for an all nighter lodge is going to be away 2 busy lik! but more dan likely will end up der!

is that for definate? a letter to tell him he failed a module or that he failed the year?

oh that i don't know to be honest.. i was just told he got a letter home..
    i'll see if i can find out now.

Yeah I think I should of done more study. Night before was obviously not sufficient. Lodging it either way sunday night :P
    Harpy wrote: »
    oh that i don't know to be honest.. i was just told he got a letter home..
    i'll see if i can find out now.
    good man...

good man...

woman.....:D

i sincerely apologise!!

• Advertisement

Yeah but free entry so if it that bad can always leave without having to think of wasting the fiver :D

Advertisement