Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mossin wrote: »
    An A1, 2 A2's, a B1 and a C1

I'm delighted with those!
    Kinda raging not to get an A in entrepreneurship after all the effort, but I had a feeling that she wouldnt give it to us though...My best results to date by a country mile! :)

Congrats man, they are exceptional results!! I hope one of the A's was in Product and Services :P

Argh....I can't log in,the suspense is killing me.I keep getting "The Username and password you supplied is not authorised to use the system." Will send an email,any other ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

Is it a qca above 2.0 to get to second year?

I done average but I got a b in chemistry????? I got a d in that for leaving cert wtf!!! I didnt fail anything yayayay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

Is it a qca above 2.0 to get to second year?

I done average but I got a b in chemistry????? I got a d in that for leaving cert wtf!!! I didnt fail anything yayayay
    I never did it and got a B! Guessed all the way along!

If you didn't fail anything then you're well on your way to second year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Ok got into my exam results, a d1 is a compensating fail right? So i dont have to do a repeat exam?

Also one of the modules i didnt have an exam in is down here on the results page and somehow i have an f? pretty comfused about this?

• Advertisement

Patricide wrote: »
    Ok got into my exam results, a d1 is a compensating fail right? So i dont have to do a repeat exam?

Also one of the modules i didnt have an exam in is down here on the results page and somehow i have an f? pretty comfused about this?

How did you fix it? I still can't login :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

It turned out for me that i just had forgotten my password. Logged in fine for me.

Aha well done soo lucky Ive been talking to a few people in the chemistry class seems like everyone got bs? Second year here I come :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Patricide wrote: »

You can repeat the D1 exam in August, but the best you can get is a C3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Congrats man, they are exceptional results!! I hope one of the A's was in Product and Services :P

Thanks man.
    Yeah Maria was kind enough to give me an A2 in that module alright :D
    No doubt she was aided by her teaching assistants :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mossin wrote: »
    Thanks man.
    Yeah Maria was kind enough to give me an A2 in that module alright :D
    No doubt she was aided by her teaching assistants :P

Good times all round so! Hope the other thing (I won't even type it) is goin well too!

I've got that finished and handed in also, as the thread re-that subject will testify to :)

Time to open the bottle of Bushmills :D

klong wrote: »
    You can repeat the D1 exam in August, but the best you can get is a C3

Do you have to repeat the d1 If your qca is above 2.0?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

No you don't....as long as your QCA is above 2.0 and you haven't failed anything then you're grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

no you don't as long as your qca is above 2.00 and u don't fail the exam you're grand..

i past everything was convinced i failed one but got a c3 in it so happy day. now i just have to go do that other minor project thingy..

Phew! I plan not to come back to do repeats since I'm actually going to study for summer exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Xabs

What does "Action to be taken" mean?
    Is a D2 a fail...? I got 3 of them...

Residual QCA is 1.68
    Does this mean I can't raise this even if I do sem2??

A ****ing letter would be handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 the1

you dont want to get the letter got one have to repeat autum semester havent a clue what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 johnculloty

Xabs wrote: »
    What does "Action to be taken" mean?
    Is a D2 a fail...? I got 3 of them...

Residual QCA is 1.68
    Does this mean I can't raise this even if I do sem2??

A ****ing letter would be handy
    im almost 100% that you have passed everthing and you just have to get a qca of 2.5 or thereabouts in the summer!

im almost 100% that you have passed everthing and you just have to get a qca of 2.5 or thereabouts in the summer!

That's a bit of a relief to hear
    2.5 in the summer? Easy
    I could do them now and get that :D

What about the "action to be taken" though?
    Is that just saying there are exams I can repeat...

They should really do a bit of work clearing up
    all the mystery when it comes to exams...
    the1 wrote:
    you dont want to get the letter got one have to repeat autum semester havent a clue what to do

Sorry to hear that...
    My plan B is to go baking....everybody loves cake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Im happy with how I got on.

Business and german 1st year

A1 microeconomics
    A2 BIM

C1 in communications, German, accounting (amazing I thought I failed) and management principles.

Thanks for the help in accounting ninty9er

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

three c3's one c1 and a b3, c1 in accountong WTF...... over the moon though so relieved i got through them...there is a god, i promise i will be more organised and prepaired this term.....;);););)
    congrats to everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Well done Mossin!!

Good to hear u passed 1Huge1

3 C1s a C2 in Management (excellent cos I understood none of it and only got 53% in mid-term) and a B2 in Intermediate (will accept), but a the C1 in Tax does not sit well, especially as I had 23 out of 30% going in...must get rechecked.

The curve must have been seriously low in Employee Developent if I managed a C1....I only answered half the short questions and my essays were sh1t and unfinished. A miracle would be no exaggeration.

Accumulated QCA 2.69...need 2.70 for exemptions and was 2.71 until today :mad:

1huge1 wrote: »

C1 in communications, German, accounting (amazing I thought I failed) and management principles.

I got the same in management gotta love Michael Morley :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Forgot to say, thanks again for the help with the notes Mossin!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 BalletFreq

my lecturers have it in for me!

BalletFreq wrote: »
    my lecturers have it in for me!

Hey, keep the chin up, its only the 1st set of exams, plenty of time to recoup..
    If you need help or anything, just ask! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rosgirl

This can mean a few different things. If it is for an fyp module and has an M written beside it it just means that you will not be given a grade for that module until your fyp is complete at which point the grade will be added to this semesters grades, which will more than likely change your avarage for the semester.

rosgirl wrote: »

This can mean a few different things. If it is for an fyp module and has an M written beside it it just means that you will not be given a grade for that module until your fyp is complete at which point the grade will be added to this semesters grades, which will more than likely change your avarage for the semester.

Thanks for the reply
    It's sorted now.

I'm back whether they want me or not...

• Advertisement
Advertisement