Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palacious

Options
  • 16-01-2009 6:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Acording to reports in papers 14 million transfer has been agreed. Is he the type of player Spurs need?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

noker wrote: »
    Acording to reports in papers 14 million transfer has been agreed. Is he the type of player Spurs need?
    According to "The Sun":p
    I checked Skysports and Setanta, and the Telegraph and none of them are running this story!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

According to Skys Sports:-

Steve Bruce says Wigan Athletic have 'virtually agreed' a deal to sell Wilson Palacios to Tottenham Hotspur.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4801079,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Yes he is ABSOLUTELY the type of player we need and havent had in aeons. Centre midfielder with everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Yes he is ABSOLUTELY the type of player we need and havent had in aeons. Centre midfielder with everything.
    Yep he has "everything" Goals 0, Assists, 0 - I know we don't necessarily need a lot of goals from a DMF, but I would hardly say he has "everything" with those stats!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

John W wrote: »
    Yep he has "everything" Goals 0, Assists, 0 - I know we don't necessarily need a lot of goals from a DMF, but I would hardly say he has "everything" with those stats!:p

you forgot the bucket load of yellow cards :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Maybe watch him play instead of looking up Wikipedia folks.

Viera, Essien even Roy Keane's Goal/Assist stats didnt make pretty reading...but every one of them lifted a premier league title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

easy there mate, you've just compared him to the best 3 midfielder the premiership has ever seen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I hear that he is a tough tackling, ball winning midfielder. if this is true then he is just what we need...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 norn iron yids

Hello,

My name is Jonny and im going with my da, brother in law and mates who are all spurs men for our first game of the season to the lane. I was wondering could anyone tell me of a bar which is def open on the day, were in stansted for 11am on the morning of the game. Hope someone can give me a pointer, because its not like a normal sat match were you can really go where ever, the usual would be the bricklayers!!!!!! Go on the Yids. I know about the trains.. what a balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hello,

My name is Jonny and im going with my da, brother in law and mates who are all spurs men for our first game of the season to the lane. I was wondering could anyone tell me of a bar which is def open on the day, were in stansted for 11am on the morning of the game. Hope someone can give me a pointer, because its not like a normal sat match were you can really go where ever, the usual would be the bricklayers!!!!!! Go on the Yids. I know about the trains.. what a balls.

Pubs start serving at 12 on Sunday's in Tottenham. The Coach and Horses is where a few of us from here go. It's across the road from the bricklayers and about 100yrds further up the road (away from WHL).

Before 12, your best bet is O'Neil's pub in Stansted. Starts serving at 7 or 8 am every day.

Have a good'un :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 norn iron yids

Thanks dublin spur, you may see us in mc donalds with a carry out if we arrive a little early on high road.

Were all thinkin of dressin up as the village people for big sulzeers benefit!!

Thanks dublin spur, you may see us in mc donalds with a carry out if we arrive a little early on high road.

Were all thinkin of dressin up as the village people for big sulzeers benefit!!

:D I like it - have a good feeling about Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Looks like he may not be coming to WHL after all. Man City being mentioned on other sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

yiddo wrote: »
    Looks like he may not be coming to WHL after all. Man City being mentioned on other sites.
    United aswell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

On another note, welcome to the bottom of the league folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Kiith wrote: »
    On another note, welcome to the bottom of the league folks.
    Not for long!!!!!!:p

Our survival is gona go to right the wire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Does anyone know if palacios is available for c cup final? or has he played for wwigan already in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Played in the third round against ipswich im afraid so cup tied.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

He has had a medical this evening apparently so looks like it will go through in next few days. Good player but 14 million is a lot of money to pay for him I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stedub

at least this ends another drama, jusr seen this on spurs website

Palacios deal agreedWe are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement for the transfer of Wilson Palacios from Wigan Athletic.
    Personal terms have been agreed and a medical completed

and daily mail reporting that we have signed Carlo Cudicini

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

We're in the unfortunate situation of having to spend big to get ourselves out of trouble. I'm ok with it though - anything to avoid relegation. Finally it seems we've strengthened the one area of the team we've neglected since David's or Carrick left, the one place that every fan knew had to be strengthened. It's all official........

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/palaciosdealagreed210109.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

One minute too slow..... :pac: I always thought we should have gone for Cudicini as I always rated him. If he comes as backup I'd be chuffed. Fair enough he may not be the same keeper he was 5 years ago but he's bound to want to play and will provide good competition for places, keeping Gomes on his toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

SuprSi wrote: »
    We're in the unfortunate situation of having to spend big to get ourselves out of trouble. I'm ok with it though - anything to avoid relegation. Finally it seems we've strengthened the one area of the team we've neglected since David's or Carrick left, the one place that every fan knew had to be strengthened. It's all official........

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/palaciosdealagreed210109.html
    Ah...thank god!!! Dont know much about the lad, but what everyone is saying, lucks like a good signing...in the one place we really needed it!! Hopefully, he can be our 'Dave Mackay'....

Advertisement