Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a subscription account...

Options
  • 16-01-2009 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭

Complete n00b question here. Forgive me if its already been asked, which I'm sure it has, but I couldn't find the answer.
    So I'm biting the bullet and upgrading from my trial account. The simple question I have is, when I go into the shop should I be buying the 30 day subscription card, or the retail cd? I don't have a cd drive on my Aspire One, so I'm hoping no cds are needed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

If you have a trial you need to buy the actual game itself not a 30 day subscription. To upgrade from the trial you need a cd key

You dont need to install from cd's. The game can be downloaded free from blizard and the cd key in the retail box unlocks the trial

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

You don't actually need to buy the game per say. I just got the install disks off a mate and bought a key online from allcdkey.com (look I've mentioned this site a few times and I'm not trying to pimp them or anything just in case ppl think I'm shilling or anything).

It depends I suppose on how expensive the game is to buy versus getting a key off that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Ahhh you can buy it online from Blizz themselves. Surely even with the trial you have to have an account, log in and there should be an option to buy the game.

It kinda gets you used to the fact you will never leave the house again...

Now if only the whole /pizza etc emotes actually did order your pizza for you over here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭FunkyMissMonkey

As I said in the other thread, just log into Account Management on the website http://www.wow-europe.com and choose the upgrade option.

If you're already playing the trial, then you have the game, and afaik, you don't need to download anything extra. :)

Advertisement