Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kostal Abbeyfeale & Mallow

Options
  • 16-01-2009 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

200 jobs gone in abbeyfeale and 100 in Mallow, 3 day week every second week from now on

Dark Days indeed:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

My source was a friend but thats even better;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Casperbhoy wrote: »
    200 jobs gone in abbeyfeale and 100 in Mallow, 3 day week every second week from now on

Dark Days indeed:(

Does that mean it's a three day week every week? but with half the staff in one week and the other half in the following week? Or is it one full week for everyone followed by a three day week for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

100 in Mallow - 30 had already been let go before Christmas so the reality is there's another 70 to go from Mallow.

200 from Abbeyfeale - dunno if any were let go there before the Christmas break

I see that everyone is still mis-quoting the amount employed by the combined plants which is actually 1100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Does that mean it's a three day week every week? but with half the staff in one week and the other half in the following week? Or is it one full week for everyone followed by a three day week for everyone?
    That means in Mallow that anyone on a 5 day week will be doing 2 days less per fortnight. Whether thats a 5 day and a 3 day, or 2 x 4 days I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Awful shame but I believe Kostal makes parts for the auto industry who are suffering. It was bound to happen eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

My sympathies to anyone who lost their job today. There were 120 jobs lost in Tralee today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

There was rumors for several months about kostal in abbeyfeale closing its plant. Could have been worse but alot of people working there will be very worried only working 3 days a week

Advertisement