Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help..SIM won't connect to network..

• 16-01-2009 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

am in England for past 6 months, have kept my Irish phone and topped up approx monthly

just yesterday the old phone (3 year old Nokia) started acting up just won't connect to network

change setting to manual selaction of network, it goves me the 4 networks but when I pick one to be on it just won't connect

is this my SIM?

(it's about a 5 year old SIM)

tried same SIM on new phone but no joy

am Vodafone pay as you go btw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

get a Free replacement sim in-store. Should fix the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Email readytogo@vodafone.ie and ask them to make sure your account is still active and provisioned for roaming. In your email include:
    - phone number
    - SIM number
    - name
    - address
    - date of birth
    - any other relevant information

@davton - he's in the UK.

Random wrote: »
    Email readytogo@vodafone.ie and ask them to make sure your account is still active and provisioned for roaming. In your email include:
    - phone number
    - SIM number
    - name
    - address
    - date of birth
    - any other relevant information

@davton - he's in the UK.

If it was working fine for so long it seems more like the sim than the settings.

I relise the op in the uk but i cant imagine Vodafone sending the sim across to him, hence having to go to the shop. Unless they might send to the home address, and get a family member etc to forward over to you.
    00353 1 203 8232 Vodafone customer care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭ergo

thanks guys

spoke with a person on the Vodafone support desk

most likely it's a problem with the SIM as mine is nearly 5 years old and apparently they're not really supposed to last that long....

am gonna get a replacement SIM (gonna be a pain 'cos am in the UK but I can get a blank one sent over) and get it activated over the phone

btw, found out abut Vodafone Passport when talking to the support guy it means (now that am signed up for that) I can receive calls while in the UK from Irish numbers free without the roaming charges...sounds too good to be true but we'll see how it goes

Edit: yes, that's the number I rang, and yes, gonna have to get a family member to sort things out from the Irish end

Glad you got it sorted. Didnt think they would send to across the water, but least its sorted now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement