Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bucs Vs Pats in London (Warning Post # 105)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

This is taken from NFLUK regarding the Automatic Reply we get when we have applied for the Tailgate tickets...

"So long as the Ticketmaster Order code matches up with the one we have on our records, you should be fine. However, your confirmation will come when you receive an email in the next 10 days. Once the allocation is full the Out of Office reply from the Tailgateuk@nfl.com email address will be chenged to reflect that. "

So if you got an automatic reply that didn't say 'sorry all gone' we must have tickets! (There has to be a better way to say that!!!!)
    Pretty sweet.

The Vince Lombardi Trophy will be there along with all 43 SuperBowl rings.

Staring to get excited about this now. Roll on October

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Cheers, I don't see any e-mail to myself about this. I got my tickets through ticketmaster alright. I might see if I can find out anything. Will post anything if I hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Fox1978 wrote: »
    Cheers, I don't see any e-mail to myself about this. I got my tickets through ticketmaster alright. I might see if I can find out anything. Will post anything if I hear.

The email came from NFLUK, that may be a place to start looking. You need your TicketMaster Order Number to apply for the Tailgate tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Icepickle

DBIreland wrote: »

In the email it said the tickets for the tailgate will be posted out with the match tickets, anyone know what will happen if you were due to collect tickets at the stadium (like me :confused:)?

If you are due to collect match tickets & you are successful in gaining tailgate tickets they will be included with the game tickets when you pickup at the stadium box office.

That was the case last year. From memory I didn't actually know if I had secured tailgate tickets until I got my match ticket envelope on the day. This year it looks like they will send an e-mail confirmation in advance.

I expect most Irish fans will be collecting due to the extortionate ticketmaster charge for courier delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Having not attended the London games previously what is the deal with BBQ's being used. Some of my buddies from MA are coming over and have also just got the email for tailgate tickets. They were told by the Patriots though that BBQs were not allowed at the tailgate due to open flames in Public in british law. Is this true or did people just ignore it for the last few London games?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Having not attended the London games previously what is the deal with BBQ's being used. Some of my buddies from MA are coming over and have also just got the email for tailgate tickets. They were told by the Patriots though that BBQs were not allowed at the tailgate due to open flames in Public in british law. Is this true or did people just ignore it for the last few London games?

Ah, I wouldn't worry too much TO. America and Europe are two entirely different places, what you lose in one hand, you gain with the other. For instance, London has the greatest Nightlife of any other city on the planet, bar none. It has the highest amount of Michelin star restaurants behind Paris, if you are interested in that sort of thing.
    Ok, it might not be like it is in the US, but when you think about it, is that not part of the appeal? That that particular NFL game will have it's own unique experience (and if we got a game as good as last years, would it even matter?). And hey, it might rain. It might even hail. but London has its own charm - that's the beauty of it. london is the second best city on earth, so I'm confident it'll be a great experience. And I'm glad it's not the Colts playing this year (cos i couldn't afford it), but when it is, hopefully, I'll be first in the queue :)

davyjose wrote: »
    Ah, I wouldn't worry too much TO. America and Europe are two entirely different places, what you lose in one hand, you gain with the other. For instance, London has the greatest Nightlife of any other city on the planet, bar none. It has the highest amount of Michelin star restaurants behind Paris, if you are interested in that sort of thing.
    Ok, it might not be like it is in the US, but when you think about it, is that not part of the appeal? That that particular NFL game will have it's own unique experience (and if we got a game as good as last years, would it even matter?). And hey, it might rain. It might even hail. but London has its own charm - that's the beauty of it. london is the second best city on earth, so I'm confident it'll be a great experience. And I'm glad it's not the Colts playing this year (cos i couldn't afford it), but when it is, hopefully, I'll be first in the queue :)

Do you work for the British tourist board :D:D:D

I have been to London many of times haha They were asking because they are season ticket holders for the Pats and always tailgate but they might not bother if they cant at least make it as close to possible as a US tailgate i.e BBQ and beer type experience :D:D

I wont be joining them as I fly in the day of game and fly out that night :D

Do you work for the British tourist board :D:D:D
    Lol, :D no.

But I don't think there's any possibility they'll have a similar experience to in the US, having said that, there isn't any possibility they'll have a bad time either.

Edit: You like my new sig? :D

davyjose wrote: »
    Lol, :D no.

But I don't think there's any possibility they'll have a similar experience to in the US, having said that, there isn't any possibility they'll have a bad time either.

Edit: You like my new sig? :D

Yeah thats their concern they would rather enjoy the local bar and pubs in the area than waste their money on a tailgate that technically is not a tailgate if ye know what I mean. Im almost sure both of them have been to london in the past.

As for your sig reported to a mod for being to big and sore on the eyes.:D:D:D

Yeah thats their concern they would rather enjoy the local bar and pubs in the area than waste their money on a tailgate that technically is not a tailgate if ye know what I mean. Im almost sure both of them have been to london in the past.
    It IS a different scene, but they'll have the time of their lives. No doubt about it.
    As for your sig reported to a mod for being to big and sore on the eyes.:D:D:D

I can understand that - as a non-Colts fan, I can understand how hard it must be to lay eyes on the Legend. You're lucky you've got Brady, or you'd know the REAL feeling of depression right now, LOl :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Icepickle

Yeah thats their concern they would rather enjoy the local bar and pubs in the area than waste their money on a tailgate that technically is not a tailgate if ye know what I mean.

No it's not a tailgate party that any US fans would be used to i.e no unloading of grills & cooler boxes from the boot,trunk,roofrack or whatever but it's still a decent enough event.
    Queues were brutal last year but they have indicated that there will be twice as much beer & food access points & the merchandise tents should be better organised also.
    It's still a bit of a learning curve for them by all accounts but it does have it's place in the whole NFL accross the pond experience. Plus it is FREE.
    I'll go along again this year for a while but will also be visiting a local hostelry as the Liverpool V Man Utd. game is on that day also.

Icepickle wrote: »
    No it's not a tailgate party that any US fans would be used to i.e no unloading of grills & cooler boxes from the boot,trunk,roofrack or whatever but it's still a decent enough event.
    Queues were brutal last year but they have indicated that there will be twice as much beer & food access points & the merchandise tents should be better organised also.
    It's still a bit of a learning curve for them by all accounts but it does have it's place in the whole NFL accross the pond experience. Plus it is FREE.
    I'll go along again this year for a while but will also be visiting a local hostelry as the Liverpool V Man Utd. game is on that day also.

So its not a tail gate at all then really. Just a way for the NFL to setup stalls to sell stuff and for Wembley to make money on food and beer. Yeah I fly in and straight to the Pub to watch the Pool Man U game also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

I'm hoping to catch some of the Liverpool match also, although when I was across in 2007 for the Giants vs Dolphins match I could'nt find that many pubs in or around Wembley at all.....it seemed to be surrounded by an industrial estate of sorts. If I get tix to the tailgate party I'll head to that, but it'd be nice to catch the prem match before heading into the gridiron.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

So its not a tail gate at all then really. Just a way for the NFL to setup stalls to sell stuff and for Wembley to make money on food and beer. Yeah I fly in and straight to the Pub to watch the Pool Man U game also.

exactly & apparently it was brutal last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

bobby wade wrote: »

Nothing special. I just used my time to get a couple of jerseys and have a wonder around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

bobby wade wrote: »

It may have been brutal because of the rain, which meant most of the (free) games couldn't be done. Not their fault. On a good day, it'd have worked a lot better

Dodge wrote: »
    It may have been brutal because of the rain, which meant most of the (free) games couldn't be done. Not their fault. On a good day, it'd have worked a lot better

But the chance of Rain in October is always going to be very high so maybe they should come up with something better. I have tailgated at Foxboro and Lambeau in the rain and snow and to make things all you need is a football and beer. Pick up game wins with fellow tailgaters. Oh and the grill still work as you usual have gazebos covering the food. Pity the brits have a law against open flames it truly does hamper the true tailgate experience in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Yeah, its not anything like a tailgating party but its something thats free and gives added value to your ticket. It passes a few hours. If people aren't into it, fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

I've not been just going by what I've been told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

I'm hoping to catch some of the Liverpool match also, although when I was across in 2007 for the Giants vs Dolphins match I could'nt find that many pubs in or around Wembley at all.....it seemed to be surrounded by an industrial estate of sorts. If I get tix to the tailgate party I'll head to that, but it'd be nice to catch the prem match before heading into the gridiron.

I was at that game too and it took a while for me to find the pubs as I came in on the underground
    But we found 2, an small Irish bar and an English pub across the road.
    The Irish bar was cheaper but the English pub was bigger with a bigger NFL crowd. I'm sure both of these will be showing the match.
    Utd v Liv is starting at 2 so we should be able to see the match.
    Mannions was the name of the Irish bar we were in, nothing great but it was a pub and a lot cheaper than the pub across the road, its on Harrow Road, roughly here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Just got an email to say that I got tickets for the Tailgate party... Woop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Just got an email to say that I got tickets for the Tailgate party... Woop!

Ditto :)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Yeah me too! Great stuff :D (I wonder how hard it is to sneak other people in? I want to get another person in there if poss)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭damoz

I hope its ok to post this - mods delete if not.

I have 2 extra tickets (85 GBP each) for this match in Wembley - face value to a fan. They are in an excellent location on the 2nd tier.

If anyone is interested then just PM me.

TICKETS GONE (more demand that i thought !)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

My tix came today.

50 yard line, lower tier row 40....WOOOO.

Now just have to find reasonable flights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

damoz wrote: »
    I hope its ok to post this - mods delete if not.

I have 2 extra tickets (85 GBP each) for this match in Wembley - face value to a fan. They are in an excellent location on the 2nd tier.

If anyone is interested then just PM me.

TICKETS GONE (more demand that i thought !)

Same here. I have 2 spare tickets. One of my mates who wanted a pair from me can't make it now.

They are for section 502 in the upper section. Pretty much on the halfway line. There is a seatplan here: http://www.eventtravel.com/cms/display_seatingplan.aspx?seatingplan_objid=119

I had pretty much the same tickets on the opposite side of the stadium for the Giants vs Dolphins game a few years ago and it was a great view. Some pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmnscttirl/sets/72157602919803073/

The only issue is that I am picking up my tickets at the box office on the day of the game, so I'd have to meet you there. Not sure if I can change this with Ticketmaster and ask them to send them in the post? Anyone know if this can be done?

I have tailgate tickets as well, so you can have them too.

€80 for each ticket. face value...

I know meeting me at the stadium is putting a lot of trust in someone as you have to book flights, hotels etc, so if there are any problems with that, we can meet up before-hand and sort something out if necessary.

Anyway PM me if interested.

UPDATE: Received a couple of PMs about the tickets. Just waiting for the first PM sender to get back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Fox1978 wrote: »
    Yeah me too! Great stuff :D (I wonder how hard it is to sneak other people in? I want to get another person in there if poss)

Sneak people into the Tailgate? You're gonna need an extra ticket.

Got my tickets, delighted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Guys

Any recommendations on Hotels?

Where are you all staying? Lost of choice, some very cheep some ridiculously expensive.

Regards
    Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭walt colman

I have my tickets and will be joining up with a group coming from Boston, however two friends who also used to live in Boston, and moved back to Ireland around the same time as me, are also looking for tickets. PM me if you have extras.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Have people received their tickets??

Advertisement