Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bucs Vs Pats in London (Warning Post # 105)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Anyone ever been to Wembley before, im heading over for the game, never been to london and will want to watch Liverpool loose to United before hand...

Basically question is is there pubs around Wembley and if not how far is it form centre of london to Wembley and how do you get from centre of London to Wembely?

lol thanks in advance big dumb tourist here, I would just wait until I get over and suss it out as im very good with directiosn and public transport and all that jazz but I am 100% not missing the football(soccer) match. And wanna get to the stadium for kick-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Well lads, badly stuck for a Tailgate ticket. The few lads i'm heading over with all have them so i'm looking hard to get my hands on one.
    Any help greatly appreciated, Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Going over with a few lads.
    Well it was badly organized and I'm sitting on my own and so is another guy!

I bought my ticket off a guy of boards for face value last week. Got a tailgate ticket too thrown in though not entirely sure what that is
    I know what a tailgate is but don't know what's organized at Wembly
    Was a nice bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jdgryffudd

hey all

cant go to the game because i finally got a job and will be working the weekend of the game,,,,,2 tickets, block 108 so behind the end zone, available for face value

they are on ebay if you want to have a look, or contact me directly if you want them outside of ebay

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NFL-Wembley-Tickets-x2-Patriots-Vs-Buccaneers_W0QQitemZ180420529658QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_205?hash=item2a01e6cdfa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 patriotsgirl

ticket for sale face value, row 13
    TEXT 0863318130 if interested
    sorry very bad phone signal in my place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Trampas

I see the bookies have the spread at 14.

What do people think of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Realex: Jonathan

I've a spare ticket for Sunday, face value (£70) or best offer. PM me if you're interested. Can give it to you in London on Saturday night, probably handiest way to do it.

Heading over 2maro soak it all up woop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

London calling; Lets get it on, heading off early tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

enjoy all....

some day the colts might be one of the team selected, fingers crossed.

but then again a day abusing brady and bill the cheat would do me:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭walt colman

Had a great time, great weekend and even ran into Bob Kraft in Hyde Part Sunday Morning!!!

11165_163091659707_538219707_2605343_442306_s.jpg

He said Dan Rooney was telling him that he had converted all the Irish to being Steeler Fans - I let him know that the number of Irish Steeler fans ran a distance second to the number of Irish Patriots fans!! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

My first time to a game, had a really good time. One thing disappointed me, I wasnt able to get my hands on any merchandise other than T shirts, I wanted a hoodie and the blue pats jacket but couldnt find them anywhere :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

First time to an NFL game and to be honest - wasn't much of a fan before but I'm a convert now :D

What a spectacle, even if you weren't interested in the game you would have been entertained by the atmosphere. We had great seats, about 5 rows from the covered seats to the right hand side of the tunnel! Literally looking overlooking the tunnel.

The game was topped off when a mate and I managed to get into the executive lounge and got a few free pints ;)

However, this event was overshadowed when I met 5 bucks players in TGI's, two of whom were possibly Maurice Stovall & Davin Joseph(height for this one doesn't match up though). I can put a pic up later on and maybe people can help identify them?

Went back to my table and showed the lads my picture, thought it was cool and I'm thinking this night cannot get any better(We also got 50% off the food and a free shot). I was proven wrong.

We went to some club in Picadilly and I spotted some more NFL players, Aqib Talib and Donald Penn, in the VIP area (Not very VIP, on a higher level than the dancefloor with a velvet rope). There was a third but cannot remember the name.

Shook Aqibs hand and showed him the picture from TGI's earlier. He started to laugh and show his teammate the picture so I cheekily asked if we could join him in the VIP. He looked at me for about three seconds, asked how many there was and then told us to come up.

So yes, myself and three mates spent our Sunday night drinking Grey Goose and having the craic with three NFL players, Bucks for life baby!

Best Sunday ever.

What was the reason behind stop selling food and drink by 7pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Trampas wrote: »
    What was the reason behind stop selling food and drink by 7pm?

Happens at most big events/games in the world's big stadia... Same at festivals etc. Bars always close before the last act comes on...

Its to try and stop people being absolutely hammered, which in NFL's case is a high possibility as you are sitting in a stadium for 3 hours :p

I went out after half time, about 5 mins into the 3rd quarter and they said they were not selling beer any more.. they also ran out of food.

That's the second time I've been to Wembley and the second time their catering facilities have left a lot to be desired.

Great game though and I had a great time over the day..

terrible game and terrible atmosphere.

I really enjoyed the experience of being at a live match. Just wished it was a more competitve game. Ild have much rathered a 13-10 tight game than that mauling. The bucs never got going and the pats barely had to step out of second gear.

As for the crowd... can only be expected since was a mixed crowd of everyone from ppl from croatia, ireland, america, germany, argentina.

Also enjoyed teh spectale of the event but the whole cheap sound effects to urge the crowd on was tacky and very very gimmicky... altho I do agree they were needed to pump up the crowd.

but im glad I went and would definitly head to more games, much prefer actual home games tho. any idea on when the next international series match will be announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Happens at most big events/games in the world's big stadia... Same at festivals etc. Bars always close before the last act comes on...

Its to try and stop people being absolutely hammered, which in NFL's case is a high possibility as you are sitting in a stadium for 3 hours :p

I went out after half time, about 5 mins into the 3rd quarter and they said they were not selling beer any more.. they also ran out of food.

That's the second time I've been to Wembley and the second time their catering facilities have left a lot to be desired.

Great game though and I had a great time over the day..

In the NFL and College games in the US this is policy. They stop serving alcohol going into the 3rd quarter. Happens at all NFL games around the US. As Third_echelon said it discourages people getting hammered and driving home hammered.

Also enjoyed teh spectale of the event but the whole cheap sound effects to urge the crowd on was tacky and very very gimmicky... altho I do agree they were needed to pump up the crowd.

If you dont like these sound affects you are best staying away from the games in the US. They do this at every game from tacky sound affects to tacky music to tacky things all over the shop.

As for the atmosphere you must be the first I have heard complain about it to be honest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

If you dont like these sound affects you are best staying away from the games in the US. They do this at every game from tacky sound affects to tacky music to tacky things all over the shop.

As for the atmosphere you must be the first I have heard complain about it to be honest.

In relation to the sound affects, it affects every aspect of american sports, trying going to a basketball game or an Ice hockey game.
    I though it was good, it keeps the fans occupied during timeouts etc..

Atmosphere was amazing!!

In relation to the sound affects, it affects every aspect of american sports, trying going to a basketball game or an Ice hockey game.
    I though it was good, it keeps the fans occupied during timeouts etc..

Atmosphere was amazing!!

Totally agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

In the NFL and College games in the US this is policy. They stop serving alcohol going into the 3rd quarter. Happens at all NFL games around the US. As Third_echelon said it discourages people getting hammered and driving home hammered.

Is alcohol sold at college games? I was at Ohio St v USC this year and no booze in the stadium-does the same apply at other NCAA games?

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Is alcohol sold at college games? I was at Ohio St v USC this year and no booze in the stadium-does the same apply at other NCAA games?

Some do some don't. Some colleges have rules of no alcohol sold on campus including the stadiums on game day. I have been to a fair few college games across the US and its 50/50. No ruling by NCAA on it not to my knowledge more a college ruling.

EDIT: Turns out it NCAA ruling now. Yup so all college games now are Dry!

if you need little blings and dings and horns and wacky sounds to keep you entertained you must have serious attention problems,

If the game itself cant keep you entertained then these cheap effects would suit you perfect but I think it just cheapens the main reason why your there, which is the onfield action.

In contrast I was at the Spurs Vrs Stoke match on Saturday at 3pm attendance was 36,400 vrs WEmbley Sunday 5:30 of 84,400 with nearly 50k in the difference and the atmosphere at that match was I would say 10times better.

Didnt get any electricy going around the stadium and even the Mexican wave was a sign of pure boredom.

But im a huge lover of the game itself and really enjoyed getting to see it up close and personal. Cant wait to head to some home games next season.

if you need little blings and dings and horns and wacky sounds to keep you entertained you must have serious attention problems,

If the game itself cant keep you entertained then these cheap effects would suit you perfect but I think it just cheapens the main reason why your there, which is the onfield action.

In contrast I was at the Spurs Vrs Stoke match on Saturday at 3pm attendance was 36,400 vrs WEmbley Sunday 5:30 of 84,400 with nearly 50k in the difference and the atmosphere at that match was I would say 10times better.

Didnt get any electricy going around the stadium and even the Mexican wave was a sign of pure boredom.

But im a huge lover of the game itself and really enjoyed getting to see it up close and personal. Cant wait to head to some home games next season.

A lot of people went for the atmosphere, it's not like football you dont have 90 mins of pure action, you take a play, you stop for 30 seconds, play, stop etc... These gimmicks are designed to keep the energy up and most importantly to be FUN!!! try not to be so serious.

Relax there chipetto. My point is if you don't like it and in fact it seems you hate it. You would be best staying away from NFL or college games in the US. They have it all the time. And sadly for you those sounds you speak of actually do get the crowds going in the US. It might not have crossed the pond in the same manner as it works in the US but hey the NFL stuck to their tradition of running games and using that experience.

Everybody knows it is about the on field action but you are forgetting the Americans like to jazz up the experience for all fans and keep everyone entertained especially in between plays and ad breaks. It works quite well in the US and its best you stay away from US sports in the US if it drives you that nuts.

You would be best staying away from NFL or college games in the US....
    why would I be best staying away? because these gimmicks they use? I wouldnt let that keep me away from enjoying the game itself.

Everybody knows it is about the on field action but you are forgetting the Americans like to jazz up the experience for all fans and keep everyone entertained especially in between plays and ad breaks. It works quite well in the US and its best you stay away from US sports in the US if it drives you that nuts.

Maybe im over-reacting or you two are over-interpreting.. I understand why they use it and that they need to use it... and I enjoy the spectacle of the whole thing... but I wouldnt and didnt let that ruin the whole experience and I did join in the the little claps.

Im not some uptight anti-american and looking for cheap shots at them. But just felt it was all very forced.

on another note the bucs guys praying before the match?!? had a good laugh at that....

and the questionairre to the guys on their least favourite household chores?! haha americans get so uptight about 'taking out the trash' lollity

See had you not said this then I wouldn't have replied any further than my first response to you. But it seems you have more than just a normal dislike to them really.

To each their own really and if you don't let it bother you that is fair enough but to be honest the way you brought it up in this thread would suggest otherwise ye know? And that is why I said you would be better staying away from US games as they are all about these gimmicks etc etc etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I thought the music & other "blings and dings" were good for keeping the buzz going.

It could have gotten pretty boring pretty fast if there was a few seconds of play and then a break for 30 seconds for around 3 hours.

The sound left something to be desired though, couldn't hear a word during the ad breaks & promos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I really enjoyed the experience of being at a live match. Just wished it was a more competitve game. Ild have much rathered a 13-10 tight game than that mauling. The bucs never got going and the pats barely had to step out of second gear.

No offence, but you did find out which two teams were playing before buying tickets, right? I only ask because the chances of a tight game were about 1/1,000,000. I thought everyone on the planet knew this.

Besides, Tampa Bay's previous game was against Carolina. Trust me, a Carolina/Bucs game would not have been the whirwind of excitement you wished for.

• Advertisement

I didn't think the game was good as very one sided.

I was disappointed in some of the buccs play calling.

Buccs punting from NE 35yard line :confused:

It was like a Pats home game more than Buccs.

Advertisement