Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bucs Vs Pats in London (Warning Post # 105)

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

davyjose wrote: »
    No offence, but you did find out which two teams were playing before buying tickets, right? I only ask because the chances of a tight game were about 1/1,000,000. I thought everyone on the planet knew this.

The Bucs were 9-3 going to the last month of the 2008 season when this was announced

Ok, most people would predict the winners but it certainly wasn't one in a million that a 9-3 team would be beaten!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

My first time to a game, had a really good time. One thing disappointed me, I wasnt able to get my hands on any merchandise other than T shirts, I wanted a hoodie and the blue pats jacket but couldnt find them anywhere :(

You know where the NFC tent was? There was a jacket in there for 40 but it was one of those half zip one, I was looking for a full one.
    on another note the bucs guys praying before the match?!? had a good laugh at that....

I didn't laugh. That's their thing. Let them work away at it. Why exactly is it so funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

mikemac wrote: »
    The Bucs were 9-3 going to the last month of the 2008 season when this was announced

Ok, most people would predict the winners but it certainly wasn't one in a million that a 9-3 team would be beaten!

exactly.. and sure we all knew since the seaons started that it was gonna be a walkover. all I meant was Ild prefer a tight game than a one-sider.

I didn't laugh. That's their thing. Let them work away at it. Why exactly is it so funny?

I find all organised religion funny.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You know where the NFC tent was? There was a jacket in there for 40 but it was one of those half zip one, I was looking for a full one.

Are you on about the blue Pats jacket?? if you are yes that's what i was looking for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

mikemac wrote: »

But were 9-7 when the tickets went on sale. The fact they dive bombed finishing the previous season was an indication things were going downhill now in fairness.

• Advertisement

Are you on about the blue Pats jacket?? if you are yes that's what i was looking for!

Yeah, blue Patriots one, 'Patriots' on the front?

It was to the left of the entrance. Behind the counter on your right with the Antonio Bryant jersey, both on display, can't reallly miss it. Did you queue at both merchandise tents?
    I find all organised religion funny.

The fact that you're nit-picking players praying before a game is just ridiculous when you should be discussing aspects of American Football imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Had a great time at the game but the tailgating wasn't up to much. Tailgating in name only really. Left early to watch the United match.

The fact that you're nit-picking players praying before a game is just ridiculous when you should be discussing aspects of American Football imo.

It was part of the whole experience and we're here to talk about every detail that we liked or dis-liked or laughed or cried with at the game and all I said was I had a giggle at them praying. (like fools)

The fact your getting so defensive about means your just looking to nit-pick at what im saying.

As you said yourself you should be talking about the Football? Then why are you talking about where to get a Jacket? isnt that just a material item that bares no relevance to the actual game itself? Nit-picking much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Actually Skywalker, Praying has been shown to give psychological benifits to sportsmen. So maybe they're not the fools. Maybe people with a condescending attitude to others' beliefs are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah, blue Patriots one, 'Patriots' on the front?

It was to the left of the entrance. Behind the counter on your right with the Antonio Bryant jersey, both on display, can't reallly miss it. Did you queue at both merchandise tents?

Yep, man I must be f**king blind! I had a mate there aswell and he couldnt see it either, will order online instead :)

• Advertisement

Yep, man I must be f**king blind! I had a mate there aswell and he couldnt see it either, will order online instead :)

Yep I'll be doing the same. :)

davyjose wrote: »
    Actually Skywalker, Praying has been shown to give psychological benifits to sportsmen. So maybe they're not the fools. Maybe people with a condescending attitude to others' beliefs are.

that doesnt mean its not funny... as ive said I think all organised religions are funny. This isnt the forum to go into a debate about religion.

Advertisement