Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increasing Pressure from Shower head

Options
  • 16-01-2009 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have just moved into a house in Limerick and the shower is a bit of a joke. It is an emmersion shower, not electric. Is there anyway to increase the pressure coming out of the shower head?

Is there another shower head i could buy that would make the force of the water stronger?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭3DataModem

There may be a switch for a water pump somewhere in the hot press. I live in a place for 6 months before finding it.

Otherwise, the only way to get more pressure is to get a shower head with smaller / fewer holes. You get the same amount of water though, so it's not an ideal solution.

If it is really terrible / unusable, take it up with the landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

3DataModem wrote: »
    There may be a switch for a water pump somewhere in the hot press. I live in a place for 6 months before finding it.

Otherwise, the only way to get more pressure is to get a shower head with smaller / fewer holes. You get the same amount of water though, so it's not an ideal solution.

Its pretty bad now. What would the switch in the Hot press look like? Ill have a look when i go home this evening. The only switch i saw yesterday was the emmersion. (Quick Glance)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

3DataModem wrote: »

Two other possibilities -- take off the shower head hose and check the rubber liner inside it. They often perish and collapse, reducing the water flow. Alternatively, if you live in a hard water area, the holes in the head could be partially blocked. A soak in limescale remover would shift it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 rossie08

If it doesn't have a warrex flange fitted to the cylinder then it probably doesn't have a pump attached (see flange: http://www.buyplumbing.co.uk/VEM-WF22 ) If you clean out the shower head this would prob help but best advice is install flange and pump or install pumped shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

rossie08 wrote: »
    If it doesn't have a warrex flange fitted to the cylinder then it probably doesn't have a pump attached (see flange: http://www.buyplumbing.co.uk/VEM-WF22 ) If you clean out the shower head this would prob help but best advice is install flange and pump or install pumped shower.

Its a rented house, i dont intend to be there after August. How much would it cost to Install a pumped shower, electric shower?

• Advertisement
Advertisement