Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging a cheque to the same bank

• 16-01-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone have any idea on how long it should normally take for a cheque to clear in this scenario?

-Same bank on both ends, just different branches in different counties
    -Bank Of Ireland is the bank
    -Cheque was drawn from a business account and is going to a personal account

The cheque was lodged on the Monday of this week (12'th) and still no sign of the funds.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

The funds should have gone into your account immediately, but possibly not cleared for 3 working days. If you can't see the lodgement in your account ring the branch where you lodged the cheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

i get paid with boi chq and my bank is boi and money always goes through immediately. HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Thanks guys,
    It was my first time lodging a cheque so I didn't know any better.

I had to drop in to sort it out (thank the powers that be for lodgement stubs). As it turned out they messed it up and looked somewhat mortified at the mistake:D though in fairness they fixed it in good order.

Advertisement