Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quinn Direct...sneaky sneaky?

Options
  • 16-01-2009 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

Just notice they've changed to 1890 number whereas they were always 1850 callsave, anyone else notice this? And they seem to have implemented a three-tier system, with bizarrely enough, the most expensive calls restricted to existing customers.

Quotations 1800 89 1890 free

Customer Care 1890 89 1890 expensive

Claims 1850 858 530 callsave
    1890 wrote:
    Unlike 1850, callers will pay the local rate for the duration of the call, for example a 5 minute call to you will cost your customer 25.35c.

So if you're a new customer, it's free for you. But if you are an existing customer and want to contact them, 1890 all the way. Well at least for claims they've kept it somewhere in the middle :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Savman wrote: »
    Customer Care 1890 89 1890 expensive

I'm surprised they even have a number for this:D

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

well ya gotta claim back those Anglo shares somehow !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I'm surprised they even have a number for this:D
    :D:D

Ah no they've always been ok with me, having a bit of a stalemate with them now but I've had a good run

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Most insurance companies have 1890 numbers for everything including claims and quotations. So they're actually slightly cheaper than the competition in that regard.

well ya gotta claim back those Anglo shares somehow !!!

By ringing a motor insurer:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Just call quotations & ask to be transferred.

Stark wrote: »
    So they're actually slightly cheaper than the competition in that regard.
    How many times have I heard that in reference to QD ;)

Anan1 wrote: »
    Just call quotations & ask to be transferred.
    Emails ftw.

I wouldn't expect satisfaction from any company by e-mail tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

Stark wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect satisfaction from any company by e-mail tbh.

I email my bike insurer and ask them to call me :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

1890 -blah, blah , blah...............big deal..........at least the 1890 number takes you to Fermanagh, Cavan, Kells or Dublin or with the medical insurace, Cork.......not Mumbai, India.......unlike others in the insurance game.
    Quinn is a massive employer here and in this day and age, we should be appreciative of that or any other business that stays here, invests here and employs here.

Quinn is a massive employer here and in this day and age, we should be appreciative of that or any other business that stays here, invests here and employs here.
    That you, Sean?

To be fair, they do get a lot of stick when other cowboy insurers (*cough* AXA) get off easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

By ringing a motor insurer:confused:

Cookie Monster- I think that went straight over your little head...how cute..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

1890 -blah, blah , blah...............big deal..........at least the 1890 number takes you to Fermanagh, Cavan, Kells or Dublin or with the medical insurace, Cork.......not Mumbai, India.......unlike others in the insurance game.

I don't agree. Contacting your insurer should be free. The problem with Quinn is they aren't an insurer at all merely an issuer of insurance certificates which they seek not to honour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭LoveDucati2

If you lived in the UK you could have a multi car policy.

Strange that we have companies that operate in both countries yet only offer that service in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I don't agree. Contacting your insurer should be free. The problem with Quinn is they aren't an insurer at all merely an issuer of insurance certificates which they seek not to honour.

I agree, they are not a trustworthy organisation IMO, and have a serious problem with credibility.

Cookie Monster- I think that went straight over your little head...how cute..:)

D'oh... Seanie has (had) a shed load of shares in Anglo didn't he.

You think I've known that working in business and all:)

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I agree, they are not a trustworthy organisation IMO, and have a serious problem with credibility.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Yeah I think his might have lost close to a billion euro by all accounts plus he had to resign from the board due to undeclared loans from his company.

ps. I spent €1,000.00 on Anglo shares last year at the €12 mark..oh well..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

you dont agree with what? Quinn employing thouands here or the fact that you have to pay for a phonecall to them, like every other service provider here.
    Question - does FBD, AXA, allianx have free call no's?
    And what insurance co does'nt seek not to honour policys - I've yet to find one - they're all the same in that regard.

Advertisement