Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changed cover on Nokia N95 and now the battery life is < 12 hours

• 16-01-2009 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

As per title. Recently changed the cover on an original Nokia N95. Since then its gone from having a battery life of around 2-3 days to needing charging every 12 hours. Any one any ideas? The LCD did move when I took off the front, so might be related to this?:confused: Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It doesn't matter if the Lcd moved, its only held in place by the front cover and the ribbon under the key pad. Are you positive it has decreased that much, is it still very noticeably different?

The main part of the n95 is on the bottom which it totally separate apart from a small gap for the ribbon cable to come through to the screen, so unless you opened the back part i cant see how it would effect the battery that much.

A very long shot would be something constantly disturbing some of the key pad buttons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Would the new plastic cover over the screen be darker and it's causing the light sensor to think it's darker, making the phone make the screen brighter, using more battery power than before? Or am I talking out my arse?

Random wrote: »
    Would the new plastic cover over the screen be darker and it's causing the light sensor to think it's darker, making the phone make the screen brighter, using more battery power than before? Or am I talking out my arse?

I think the light sensor works in the opposite way. It dims the display in low light. So if it covered it think its in low light all of the time.

When dim, the key pad blacklight should be on, this would be a simple indication if this is on all the time.

If the new front cover came with the light sensor cover which is mounted in housing cover itself, (between the camera and speaker) OP change it and use the one which came with the original housing.

Also you can change the light sensor display settings on the phone. (Min to Max)

Tools; Settings; General; Personalisation; Display; Light Sensor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

This is a common problem as i discovered when i did the same. However it took me months to find out. The problem is a stuck key. It's not obvious though. Download the nokia energy monitor and you'll see the difference with the cover on and off. I posted here about it before. Fiddling with the new cover around my camera key did the trick. Btw i got the solution from n95users.

This is a common problem as i discovered when i did the same. However it took me months to find out. The problem is a stuck key. It's not obvious though. Download the nokia energy monitor and you'll see the difference with the cover on and off. I posted here about it before. Fiddling with the new cover around my camera key did the trick. Btw i got the solution from n95users.

More common it seems, so not a long shot after all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Stuck button was indeed the problem. The new back was pressing the gallery button so after doing the tests with the energy monitor i changed back to the old back and power levels are way down. Charging it again now after changed cover. Was getting ridiculous, last charge lasted 10 hours. Morale of story don't buy a non-Nokia cover on ebay.

Thanks guys for help

Advertisement