Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a shop to place product on market

Options
  • 16-01-2009 12:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3

Dear friends,
    I am new one here, have a small business company, just started and desperate to put our product on market,
    and I am looking for a shop to sell over without any obligation or conditions just to test the market, please
    Any advice is appreciated,
    Kind regards
    joyer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Welcome to Boards, Can you give a bit more info as to what the product is. This will help you get more relevant responses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 joyer

Thank you enviro,
    there is unique portable electric shoe dryer, that drying shoes from inside, low electricity consumption just 8 wt
    to compare to ordinary bulb 100 wt, can safe espensive UGG boots keeping foot comfort and pleasure.
    Probably the time is wrong getting into market because of financial crisis, but I have to go on to survive
    I have attached the picture
    Kind regards
    joyer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Have you got all your electrical certs and so on?

At first face, I would think something like this will go best through JML or the like. There are a bunch of marketing companies like them in the UK.

What sort of shop have you in mind? What does market research say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Your post is a little contradictory because in your first post you claim that you are looking for retail floor space to conduct market research and in your second post you admit that you have to get this product to market "to survive"

This may sound obvious but have you contacted Dunnes, Tesco etc directly? They have these sort of products in their electrical section.

Make sure you are clear with them that this is just market research and even if you can get your local store to help you then that's a start.

Unfortunately I think you're right on the timing issue, I know people who are struggling to pay their bills & put food on the table at the moment so I'm not sure how well received a product like this will be right now.

Best of luck with it anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 joyer

Thanks people, it's very pleased to get good advices,
    I have certificate of compliance and licence to sell the product in Ireland and UK.
    I don't need a place in a shop, but I would like to give the product to the shops to sell it.
    I gave the product to the couple of them, but no joy yet, just a few dryers have been sold.
    Also, I've send many emails to shops including Dunnes and Tesco with the business offer,
    nothing got back, this product is related to the shoe shops, but could be sold by any.
    Thank you for the JML idea, probably I have to try such way.
    Kind regards
    joyer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

joyer wrote: »
    Also, I've send many emails to shops including Dunnes and Tesco with the business offer,
    nothing got back

Here's a little tip for you......never send an email in this type of business situation.

Emails are a lazy option and will most likely be deleted as spam.

Find out the name of the person you want to meet in each store (manager, owner etc) and write them a letter explaining your situation and request a meeting with them. Keep a copy of your letter (I will explain why in a second).

Tell them about yourself and include a return address, email address & phone number so they can see that they are dealing with an genuine person rather than a spoof company (or spammer).

About a week after you post the letter, phone the person to ask the if they received the letter and if they would be prepared to meet with you.

If they say they did not receive the letter then ask them if you can fax it directly to them (remember the copy I told you to keep ;)) or if you can e-mail a soft copy to their personal e-mail address (rather than a generic info@tescoshop.com)

Letters are much more likely to be read by the person intended than just a random email. Especially when you are trying to contact high level management.

Advertisement