Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check In times for hotels.

Options
  • 16-01-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭

I have some friends flying overnight and they would like to be able to dump their luggage and get a few hours sleep before heading into town but all local hotels have a 2:30 checkin policy. Does anyone know of any hotels, guest houses or B&B's that are less formal about checkin times.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Any hotel/B&B worthy of the name will hold bags & luggage without necessarily checking in the guests until later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Check in luggage yes, but they want to get into the room early to sleep, shower, change and then get back out to meet me that afternoon.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Sometimes you can pay for an earlier check in.

Other times, if the hotel has a room ready when you arrive, you can check in straight away. Ring the hotel in question and see what they can offer you.

If the hotel is fully booked from the night before, you have to wait for the guest to leave, and housekeeping to get in, so that's why they say 2.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

mick_irl wrote: »
    If the hotel is fully booked from the night before, you have to wait for the guest to leave, and housekeeping to get in, so that's why they say 2.30pm.
    Outside of this once there are suitable rooms of the type required ie correct bedding, (Twin, Single, Family ect), smoking, non smoking ect. vacant and serviced it is in their interest to get you checked in and most hotels are helpful in this regard.

The published policy i.e 2:30 gives them the opportunity to have a high number of rooms serviced to meet those that arrive early.

HTH

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Many places will have the room ready well before the check-in time. They don't want you going elsewhere, so they generally do their utmost to help you out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement