Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

marino college

• 16-01-2009 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done the Photojournalism course offered at Marino College? Just wondering what your opinion was of it? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

i did their photography course few years back, i loved it. Although, these were the pre-digital days so we had a cool darkroom to work in.

the main lecturer Frank something was really cool, really knew his stuff so i presume he would be running your course too.

definitley a good start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Well I guess I could offer some advice here, I'm currently doing another couse in Marino and we work closely with the photojournalists.

They seem to have great fun, loads of experience and learn a lot, I do photography in my course with the same photgraphy teacher, hes a really nice chap, very interesting to listen to, and he is the one that has got me into photography, he really enjoys what he does aswell. Anyway I bet you don't really care much about the teacher, but I just thought I would say it anyway.

The college is very well run and equiped, there is a dark room for all the photography students to use aswell. Everyone is very helpfull and this helps to make your time there very enjoyable. From first looks the college will come across as very old looking, but I wouldn't let looks come first, this definitly does not reflect the runing of the college, so all in all it is a very modern, easy-going and helpfull college to go to.

You should come down to the open day on the 28th of this month between 11AM and 4PM, and have a chat with the teacher and a few of the students aswell, more info from the link below:

http://www.qualifax.ie/?Mainsec=events&Subsec=event_details&ID=2246

I know I couldn't tell ya much, but hope it helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

Cheers guys for that useful advice. I went to the college last year for an interview for another course before I'd found out they ran a Photography course, otherwise I would've applied for it. Must get up to Dublin for the open day. Do either of you know can you go in to employment after the course or would you need to progress to further study? thanks again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I done the broadcasting course in Marino waaaaaayyyy back when, and i have to say i look back fondly on the place.

If the photography course has lecturers with the enthusiasm of the guys we had then i would certainly say go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 yumfluff

Im interested in either the photography course, or the art addministration this september 2011? I just realised i missed the open day TODAY! Iv heard good things about the place, if anyone is doing or Has done these courses any info would be fab! Thanks a mill :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

i did that course there too, with good old Mr Frank Barr :)

#
    We had fun in the class.....#

I got a camera off Marino at the time :):)

The good old days :):)

Advertisement