Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Viewty - memory upgrade.

• 16-01-2009 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the max amount of memory you can put into an LG Viewty?
    I've looked online and seen both 4GB and 2GB, I thought it was 4 myself.
    Don't have the instruction manual to hand as I've lost it.
    Thanks,
    H2DC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Only 2GB, i think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Yeah, 2 gb seems correct, but apparently there are workarounds:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055430397

Also noticed on other forums that people claim to use 4gb and 8gb cards. Some say the phone just doesn't show the correct amount of free space but that they work nonetheless.... Don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've used a Viewty with a 4gig card and it worked fine. It was only for testing purposes, but it showed up the full capacity and allowed me to format, save photos and music without causing problem. Can't say what would happen if it was filled, but it definitely recognised the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

I tried one with a 4gb card. It played music from it no problem wouldn't allow me to save any photos or videos on it. That 2gb of data workaround is good to know. It was a 4gb Kingston that I tried.

Advertisement