Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed to Variable?

Options
  • 16-01-2009 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hope I am posting in correct forum if not feel free to move thread.

I am currently on a two year fixed rate with ptsb @ 5.2% which is up in august.
    They have offered me a variable rate at 4.65% which would save me €90 per month.
    I really dont have a clue no matter how much i try to learn about rates etc and if i'm being naive in thinking variable is good option. DId want tracker rate but they are not giving that at moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Suzie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

suzieb wrote: »
    Hope I am posting in correct forum if not feel free to move thread.

I am currently on a two year fixed rate with ptsb @ 5.2% which is up in august.
    They have offered me a variable rate at 4.65% which would save me €90 per month.
    I really dont have a clue no matter how much i try to learn about rates etc and if i'm being naive in thinking variable is good option. DId want tracker rate but they are not giving that at moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Suzie

Depending on your LTV, you should see what else is on offer.

AIB are offering better rates presently, but whether you qualify or not is another story.

Advertisement