Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KWA M4A1 and LI-PO batt

Options
  • 16-01-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Lads i just thought i post this to clear something up which i believe has caused alot of confusion.

I bought a KWA M4A1 and li-po yesterday and was a bit confused when i opened the box when i got home that the gun had no KWA markings but ASG markings and M15A4 on the side of the weapon..... so i rang the shop to tell them i got the wrong weapon.

so the lads cleared up the confusion with me.... the New KWA M4A1's coming in to the country are brought in by ASG and that the Quality of the weapon was as per KWA spec.

i was a small bit worried if i tryed the li-po in the gun....

i ran the gun on a 8.4 mini batt for a while to run the gears in...... then i popped the li-po in and holy Sh*t the rate of fire was unbelievable.

id have to reccommend this aeg to anyone..... its alot of fun.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Lads i just thought i post this to clear something up which i believe has caused alot of confusion.

I bought a KWA M4A1 and li-po yesterday and was a bit confused when i opened the box when i got home that the gun had no KWA markings but ASG markings and M15A4 on the side of the weapon..... so i rang the shop to tell them i got the wrong weapon.

so the lads cleared up the confusion with me.... the New KWA M4A1's coming in to the country are brought in by ASG and that the Quality of the weapon was as per KWA spec.

i was a small bit worried if i tryed the li-po in the gun....

i ran the gun on a 8.4 mini batt for a while to run the gears in...... then i popped the li-po in and holy Sh*t the rate of fire was unbelievable.

id have to reccommend this aeg to anyone..... its alot of fun.

excellent i don't yet have a m4 variant
    where can i get one of these and how much did it cost
    did you need a special charger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

A KWA with no KWA markings? that sounds a bit dodgey, i've never seen a KWA gun they didnt pimp their branding on and ASG already sell loads of branded KWA gear.,

A KWA with no KWA markings? that sounds a bit dodgey, i've never seen a KWA gun they didnt pimp their branding on and ASG already sell loads of branded KWA gear.,

oh

how could one tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SailingSOLDIER

excellent i don't yet have a m4 variant
    where can i get one of these and how much did it cost
    did you need a special charger

you can get them from MIA, its bout 275 for the gun, 25 for the li-po battery and bout another 25 for the li-po charger.

well worth it

Id have to see one in the flesh to know but It sounds a bit strange.,

Dont mind the whole lipo ready cr*p though, they eat themselves on 11.1v batteries,.

• Advertisement

i thought that myself, but they assured me it was a kwa, its the exact same as my mates one that has kwa markings and fires the same also.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

so who's manufacturing them then?

whether a gun will stand up to lipo or not is really down to how the gearbox runs, especially shimming, it need to be flawless in its turning over, or as close as is possible.

if she'll run on a 9.6v or higher nimh/nicd then she'll take a lipo, although with an 11.1v it is reccomended that a stronger spring is inserted to slow the rof down to an acceptable level so the gear wont try pick up the piston teeth before it has returned to its fully fired position.

if the spring puts the gun over then there are a couple of ways to get the fps down to an acceptable level without compromising on spring strenght.

there is a lot of ignorance & disinformation circulating about lipos and their effects on guns, charging ect.

once you do a little research, have a smooth running gearbox & dont do something stupid like leave on over night you should be fine.

Theres also the fact that you are putting a hell of a lot more power through standard wiring and no mosfet.,

Ive fixed enough KWA M4's that were sold as "lipo ready" to know that itsa a load of bull.,

heres a pic of the gearbox that comes in KWAs M4, you can see it isnt actually reinforced at all.,
    3200751741_0049c40203_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Theres also the fact that you are putting a hell of a lot more power through standard wiring and no mosfet.,

Ive fixed enough KWA M4's that were sold as "lipo ready" to know that itsa a load of bull.,

heres a pic of the gearbox that comes in KWAs M4, you can see it isnt actually reinforced at all.,
    3200751741_0049c40203_o.jpg

im not saying for a moment that they are at all, as i have my doubts, but there are plenty of guns out there that are well capable of handling certainly a 7.4v anyways & an 11.1v with a bit of tweaking.

was that gearbox totally stock & untouched?

jasus i had no idea how much trouble they can be and i thank everyone for there insight and tips about this and im glad i posted this thread as i can imagine there are many more people like myself that thought they could go mad with the li-po batt installed, and not realise they are putting strain on the gun.

thanks lads

• Advertisement

Yeah i agree with ya., there's guns that will run on it even some some minor tinkering., the 7.2 will only have the same wear and tear as say a regular 9.6v battery., When going anywhere near an 11.1v though I would highly recommend using a mosfet and decent wire or theirs a good chance that your wiring and trigger contacts are gonna take a beating.,

I always say theres no such things as "lipo ready" because realistically every gun is lipo ready, its just a battery afterall., its just a question of how long it will last running on that kinda battery though.,:)

seems that one would be better with a jg styer ras thingy and just check the shims etc to go down the lipo route they have a mossfett as standard

you reckon that one should go in i assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Tigger wrote: »
    seems that one would be better with a jg styer ras thingy and just check the shims etc to go down the lipo route they have a mossfett as standard

you reckon that one should go in i assume?

Jing Gong AUG A3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Jing Gong AUG A3

Nearly :p

JG are doing a few guns now aren't they with mosfets as standard.

I hope thats a trend thats picked up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

Is it true that 7.4 Lipo = 9.6V in therms of ROF in aeg?
    Is it that Lipo capable of giving out more Amp?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

All depends on the lipo itself but if you get a good one, then generally it'll be around there.

For example:

7.4 2200mAh 25C = 9.6 3300mAh

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

I have two KWA M4's. The first one I ran on a 9.6 for about 3 or 4 months with no problems and then when I first used the Lipo , within 50 BB's it stripped the gear.Left it in to have it fixed.
    Had it repaired 2 more times after that, piston then bearings went.
    Took it apart myself to do the fourth repair to find the gearbox cracked in the usual place.
    Have the second one only a short while and using the lipo in that to see how it goes. fingers crossed.Seemed to perform well last weekend.

After using a lipo my conclusions are that you sure do use a whole lot more BB's than an 9.6 over the course of a day.
    Realy the best point about using a lipo battery is the charging etc. and its smaller size.
    Think i might start using 7.4 lipo instead.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

I have one of these KWA M4A1 with extended 6.03 barrel & Halo Supressor & Red Dot, Use 2 x 7.4 LiPo's with a 9.6v NiMh as backup for several months now, No problems so far. Great build quality as expected from KWA. Excellent reliable gun all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

my bro has one of these guns. it is the best m4 i have used. he uses a large 9.6 battery he tapes to the barrel. not pretty, but works. apart from that, brutally good gun. well worth the money.

Advertisement