Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The never ending war...

Options
  • 16-01-2009 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Firstly, I would like to say I feel at home in this area of Boards. A place where open minded people believe what can be proven and not what they are being told.

I recently posted a Thread in the Christianity Forum called "A serious question", which asked Christians about what their response would be if micro-organisms were discovered on Mars. To which the majority responded that "it would be no big deal" and "fair play to the Scientists". Now this is coming from many Christian believers and not a single one will even acknowledge the possibility that maybe "God" didn't create the Universe and everything in it.

I am sick to death of these "individual" Christians. Christians who take it upon themselves to make up their own religion, where by they adhere and listen to the teachings of Jesus Christ but throw in a couple of curve ball beliefs and understandings of their own. These understandings are referred to what we call "common sense".

I will now enter into a rather jest like argument for the sake of my own sanity.
    According to the Dictionary, Christianity is the belief of Jesus Christ as saviour and belief in his teachings. Where the f*** in the Bible does it mention the micro-organisms on Mars? (Fair enough, it hasn't just yet been proven, but lets be honest, its only a matter of time). You think that in the great wisdom of God, he would tell his son, "Don't forget to mention the lads I made on Mars while you are down there telling them how great I am".

On the larger scale, God made man in his image. Designed them to resemble him. Why the f*** did he bother making some tiny Micro-organisms on Mars? For the craic? Were they tester models that didn't make the final cut on what we would look like? He decided to just leave their remnants on Mars and forgot to deal with it?

There are too many damn holes in this religion. How many times must Science refute and disclaim religious answers before there is some progress towards human development? Mars and the possibility of life on it, is verifiable proof of the following:

- We are not alone in this "God" made Universe.
    - "God" didn't create us.
    - "God" didn't create the Universe.

If "God" didn't create us, and Jesus Christ, representative of the Christian religion, spoke on behalf of God, how the hell can you stand infront of me and argue against what I just said? And do not attempt to hide under the shroud of ignorance, such as; I dont know why "God" created them, but i know he did. Religion has always persecuted Science for not (yet) being able to answer everything, so do not be a hypocrit and use such an argument as a rebuttle in this discussion.

Now, I am aware that some Christians wander on this board, and poke around in the threads, and afterwards they say the rosary to purge them of their sin. However, I can not stand the religious Christians who welcome Science's answers when they appear.

Its exactly how Richard Dawkins puts it in his book "The God Delusion". Christians/Religious people who sit upon a fence, and sway from side to side depending on popular culture and religious belief. In my book, you are either a Christian and believe everything Jesus Christ said or did not say, or you don't. Because if you agree to some new discoveries then you are contradicting the man of your beliefs. And i reckon that would be a justifiable reason for going to "Hell".

I do apologise for the apparent harsh language, and I welcome an opposing argument to refute my claims, but i cringe in the face of ignorance. Especially such blatent ignorance such as declaring "God" as the creator of these soon-to-be-discovered micro-organisms.

I have said it before, and will say it again. It is Religion that is and will hold back our development as a species. As soon as we let go of the archaic and primitive beliefs of our race, we can move forward and leave the dark ages of human existence.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Liber8or wrote: »
    Firstly, I would like to say I feel at home in this area of Boards. A place where open minded people believe what can be proven and not what they are being told.
    I'm happy you feel at home here, however we're not really in the market for new threads created solely to have an unbridled rant against Christianity (that's what the Christianity forum is for :P).

Other threads here will offer you plenty of scope to get your feelings across, though you might restrain your tone if addressing other posters individually.

Thanking you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement