Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Taughmaconnell ballinasloe

Options
  • 16-01-2009 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I need to get braodband. No go with exchange. I am not broadband enabled. I am not covered with 3G. Vodafone mobile will work with GPRS, but not much difference from dial-up. So waste of money.

I see taughmaconnell is on the list with http://www.lightnet.ie. Any one any experience with them?

Lastmile?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Lastmile are your best bet right now and lightnet are a very good operator ...if they come ?? . Possibly brisknettoo and thats it for Taughmaconnell.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ITMissy

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Taughmaconnell for the most is a blackspot for any sort of broadband unfortunately. I've investigated it for a good few customers there. There's little or no mobile coverage at all down there, even for calls let alone broadband. (you can thank the anti-mast objectors for that :p)

As Spongebob mentioned, Lastmile may be an option depending on where you are. No chance of their signal from Ballinasloe once you pass O'Connor Meats and not much chance of getting it from Athlone unless you're well over towards Bealnamullia.

On top of that, nearly every phoneline is split so even dial-up is crap.:(
    Never heard of lightnet though.
    What part are you in?

Lightnet were a west Galway operator initially and are inexorably creeping into your part of the world KS :) . They are a good ISP I should add .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Lightnet were a west Galway operator initially and are inexorably creeping into your part of the world KS :) . They are a good ISP I should add .

Good man. I'll keep an eye out for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

I'm using Lightnet since October last,I'm live in the countryside,Bullaun/New Inn/Kilrickle area..no complaints(having said that i'm a mailer and browser,as opposed to a major downloader,so i'm probably not really pushing the performance envelope!!!)
    I found the engineer to be very good and thorough.....he did my house and a neighbours the same day,did very neat work,and took the time to get the best possible signal.They will survey before doing any work(my brothers house,for instance,failed the test)so there's no guesswork as to whether there's signal or not.
    All in all,a thumbs-up from me..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Sponge Bob wrote: »

:rolleyes: As opposed to Lastmile, who are a terrible operator who'll ask for your deposit up front and leave You months before even calling to signal test, then there's their crappy service, unsuitable for gaming or Voip. Their customer service is absolutely dire. I couldn't wait for the day I could tell them to take it out. Use them as your very last resort once you've looked into all your other options.

I know some of the guys who run Lighnet , they have come very far from what was initially a Group Broadband Scheme on Inisbofin .

Don't think any are on Boards though .

Advertisement