Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pepper Grinder

• 16-01-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a pepper grinder out there that works well and continues to work well for years?

I bought Peugeot salt and pepper grinders a few years ago and the pepper grinder just doesn't work half as well as it used to. It's like the pepper corns don't enter the grinder part properly resulting in having to constantly shake the grinder to make the corns drop down. Wasn't like this at the beginning.

As they have a lifetime guarantee, I'm gonna return them but I wonder if anyone has any recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

we have cole and mason Pepper grinder and salt mill
    Couldn't fault them at all
    http://www.coleandmason.com/products/detail2.asp?ID=10

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I have a Cole and Mason pepper grinder too and it's really good. I got it in Homestore and More.
    The important thing to look at when you're buying a grinder is the mechanism at the bottom. If it's plastic it'll be useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I have two Peugeot pepper grinders and one's definitely better than the other. The better one has an adjustable bottom that you rotate to up to five different settings to choose the size of the grind.

I would definitely return yours to Peugeot and get them to replace it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'm looking for a good salt mill/grinder myself at the moment. Can anyone recommend an online supplier with reasonable shipping rates? I have found a set on allgifts.ie, just wondering if anyone else has any suggestions?

Advertisement