Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending funds to UK account

Options
  • 16-01-2009 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Quick question, is the sort code & account number enough info to get money to a UK bank account from Ireland? BOI to Aliance and Leicester if that makes any difference.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

Yes, but it goes quicker if you can get a 'Swift' 'IBAN' or 'BIC' number from your UK bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thanks. Its actually going to a friends account but I was supposed to send it a few days ago so dont really want to go back asking for more details :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

JohnK wrote: »
    Thanks. Its actually going to a friends account but I was supposed to send it a few days ago so dont really want to go back asking for more details :o

Tell him when you went to the bank to do it, they asked for the additional info, might give him the impression that you actually tried, unless he is a boardsie.

I like your thinking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Are you sending Euros to a sterling account? If so there may well be transfer charges or exchange commission to pay. Have you asked BOI?

• Advertisement

Yes there was a fee allright, about EUR18 (on GBP55) once the fees on my side and their banks side were taken into account

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

JohnK wrote: »
    Yes there was a fee allright, about EUR18 (on GBP55) once the fees on my side and their banks side were taken into account

There's no fee if you use the BIC and IBAN, though there will be exchange commision.

Advertisement