Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

"OIL SERVICE" NOTIFICATION IN VW TRANSPORTER

Options
  • 16-01-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

I have a VW transporter 01 1.9 which has got 110,000 miles on the clock.

It's telling me on the display "SERVICE OIL" but when I check the oil level it seems fine. I've had it since 105,000 and haven't had it serviced myself but the dealer I bought it off had it serviced (apparently) just before he sold it to me.

Anyone any ideas/experience of this.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

It might just be a case that he forgot to reset the service light. Also whats the service interval on Transporters. It could be around 6K, so it might be warning you its due a service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭DAVE_K

thanks for that.....and when I said 110,000 i was rounding it down from 111,000 which would be 6 K since I bought it tying in with what you said about the 6 k service interval

Advertisement