Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm in too....

Options
  • 16-01-2009 2:01pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,088 ✭✭✭✭

3 months off the cigs, and not wanting the belly to take over, I went for my first run in 5 years. Did 4 laps of the park in Monread, Naas last night in 30 mins. Using the lamp posts occasionally as markers, I'd sprint in between them. Not all the time, just when on the straight down by the gym. Felt great after it. Gonna try keep it up, 3 nights a week for starters, then maybe do a run/race. The 5 mile in Raheny sounds good, late start on a sunday is appealing.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,088 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Played badminton for 2 hours last night. Forgot about how 'high intensity' it was. Haven't played in two years. Needless to say I was a bit rusty, and lost every game I played, but was as enthusiastic as ever for all the games. Going again on Thursday. Legs were ok this morning. Heading out at 7 for another run. Another 4 laps hopefully. I'll put up my time later. Felt great this morning, more alive and fresher. Haven't felt like this in a long time. Don't even think about the cigs anymore, happy days.

Edit: did 3 laps in 30 mins. Same as above, no way I could have done four. Did alot more sprinting this time. But the legs were sore from badminton. Still happy I went out though. Man it was a cold night.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,088 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Had another run in the park on Sunday, 30 mins again. Couldn't make it up to Raheny for the 5 mile, so tried run faster round the park. Don't have anyone to push me though. My OH is slower than me, so I'm going to get her to cycle beside/in front of me, to push me on more. Was looking at the timetable for the hill running(leinster league), and reckon I am going to give it a go too. Wednesday evening are free for me. Had badminton last night. Stamina is much better, can last 2 hours hopping round the court now(doubles only). Going to time my run tonight, and see how much of a difference there is.

Wow. Pushed hard tonight. did 3 laps in 25 mins. Wasn't able to continue running constantly for the 3 laps, had to walk in sections. Had loads of energy tonight, just couldn't find me pace.

Kept losing my log, so merging with this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055463154

Advertisement