Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Climbing - Donegal

Options
  • 16-01-2009 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

Hi,

After 18 months finding my feet in Donegal I'd love to do a bit of walking in the lovely mountains around the Gap, etc. Is there any information on the Bluestack Ramblers? Are new members welcome? Are there any online resources regarding the mountains in Donegal?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

you might want to check out

http://mountainviews.ie/

Dont know too much about clubs etc in the area. There are some excellent hill walks in Donegal, the blue stacks, Errigle and Muckish all worth a visit.

However if you are inexperienced when it comes to hill walking I would advise not to go alone, make sure you have the correct clothing and equipment and can use a map and compass.

Also check out the outdoor pursuits section on boards.ie

Enjoy

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

bohsboy wrote: »
    Hi,

After 18 months finding my feet in Donegal I'd love to do a bit of walking in the lovely mountains around the Gap, etc. Is there any information on the Bluestack Ramblers? Are new members welcome? Are there any online resources regarding the mountains in Donegal?

Cheers.
    http://www.bluestackramblers.com/contact.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

new members always welcome check the sig btw, guess who updates the website !
    4-5 hours on sunday meet at biddy's check the calender for meet time can't remember off the top of my head. boots waterproofs food and drink required. mind you weathers not looking that good saw snow coming in on the weather forecast earlier for sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Thanks for all the replies. Will definitely be in touch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Try not to speak when you're near the top of a mountain. If anyone recognises that Dub accent you're a goner :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

hmmmm...yes....the term "shallow grave" is certainly making me apprehensive! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

half of us got english accents anyway (dont whether thats better or worse) we've nolt left anyone up a mountain yet (but some have been very close local accents or not)
    i'll get some photos in the snow yesterday (walk cut short due to cold weather and open fire of biddy's calling - we are ramblers after all) i think we are going to the galtees at the june bank holiday 6 month calender should be out soon as well.

Advertisement