Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value systems - ocuk - opinions?

Options
  • 16-01-2009 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Hey all

My sister wants to buy a new desktop for playing World of warcraft and came to me for advice, her budget is €500. So I had a look on ocuk and saw this machine in the value section -

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-085-OK&groupid=43&catid=1078&subcat=
    - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600 2.90GHz Dual Core CPU
    - Asus Vintage V3-M3N8200 Barebones System - AMD64 (Socket AM2)
    - Radeon hd 4670 gfx card
    - 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-6400C5 800MHz DDR2 Dual Channel Kit
    - Hard Drive - 500gb
    - LG GH22NS40 22x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer ReWriter (Black)

Price: £398.96 ex VAT
    (€433 inc 21% vat+ 50/60 delivery)

Now I know a good few people here don't like ocuk and that they use irish vat as opposed to the english, but I have had all good experience with them over the past 3 years. Before I advise any purchase I just wanted to get your opinions in case there is something I have over looked. I am aware that there is no monitor or peripherals and I was thinking about trying my hand at building it myself but i currently don't have the time.

thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Krieg wrote: »
    Hey all

My sister wants to buy a new desktop for playing World of warcraft and came to me for advice, her budget is €500. So I had a look on ocuk and saw this machine in the value section -

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-085-OK&groupid=43&catid=1078&subcat=

Now I know a good few people here don't like ocuk and that they use irish vat as opposed to the english, but I have had all good experience with them over the past 3 years. Before I advise any purchase I just wanted to get your opinions in case there is something I have over looked. I am aware that there is no monitor or peripherals and I was thinking about trying my hand at building it myself but i currently don't have the time.

thx

Try ankermann-pc.com
    core2duo with vista for 400 euro
    can upgrade it too with better graphics ram etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Overclockers aren't really value for money at the moment in fact load of prices have gone up.

Try the above as mentioned by jonny72

Advertisement