Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG1 or SGA?

• 16-01-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Might be a bit of a pointless poll but the following post made me think
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58605517&postcount=49

I always assumed the vast majority liked SG1 more but one of my mates like SGA more as well so i thought a poll was need. Both shows are over...

? 40 votes

SG1
    0%
    SGA
    100%
    VolvagiaIvan_Kaiser_The_BullmanPugsleyMr Ejhegartyixoygreglo23User45701mobsmithy1981Ron DMCalastair_doomRattlehead_ieTristramUndeadcotwoldchalkyKojak 40 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

SGA
    No question about it Stargate SG1 are the best. The other pales in comparison. I wish they Apophos was still about! Great character and the actor Peter Williams was most suited to the role!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

SGA
    I definately preferred pre-Season 8 SG1 to Atlantis.
    Post Season 7 SG-1 and atlantis were equals in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

SGA
    Stargate SG-1 would be my favourite.

But as has been said already, after season 7 or 8, Atlantis was as good as SG-1

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

SGA
    SG-1 for me too. Jack made all the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

:eek: Arrgh "Sophie's Choice" but I give SGA (seasons 1-3) the nod ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

SGA
    SG1 the original and best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

NEITHER

SG1 was great for about season 2 to season 5.... !? I'm not exactly sure but SG1 got stupid when they stopped visting other cultures and the show was all about building big starships like Daedalus and loading the photon torpedoes and fighting super space aliens like the Ori and warp speeds...I knew then it became another StarTrek and not StarGate

SGA was great for about 2 seasons, then came the mistake of contacting Earth regularly and the horrible cast changes. Carson, Weir, etc but getting rid of Ford wasn't so bad because as a junkie he was an interesting bad guy, the only trouble was we only saw Ford for a very short period. Dumping Carson and Weir was a huge mistake, even worse was the writers bringing Carson back and trying to pretend nothing happened. Although before my time it will probably go down as one of those Bobby in the Dallas shower moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,630 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

there were some fantastic SG1 episodes but I guess on a whole I enjoy SGA a tad more. If I tried to sit through a season of SG1 I'd catch myself skipping over half of it. I loved the cast but the stories didnt always deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

SGA
    i have to say, i loved sg1's seventh season! it had the big 5 present and accounted for, and had that perfect balance between episodic story and story arc.
    Atlantis never really reached that until season 4, but by then they had dumped Wier and Carson, (though Kaylee was brought on board:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tferg20

SGA
    I loved most of Sg1 & Se1 of Atlantis. I kinda feel like they ran out of ideas after the first season of Atlantis and began to recycle old stories. Shephard is a poor copy of O'Neil but i think Mitchell made the roll his own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭GunScope

SGA
    I would be a pre-season 8 SG1 fan, SGA was good viewing in its last two seasons, but i definately put SG1 ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rogers4815

When SGA first started out, I liked SG1 alot more but with the last few seasons of SGA, I have to admit that I like SGA much much more than SG1 now!

SGA
    rogers4815 wrote: »
    When SGA first started out, I liked SG1 alot more but with the last few seasons of SGA, I have to admit that I like SGA much much more than SG1 now!

SG-1is great up until season 8
    same with Atlantis up to season 4

SG-1is great up until season 8
    same with Atlantis up to season 4

I have to disagree with you there!
    I think season 4 or 5 onwards with SG1 is great and Season 3 onwards with SGA is fantastic!

SGA
    rogers4815 wrote: »
    I have to disagree with you there!
    I think season 4 or 5 onwards with SG1 is great and Season 3 onwards with SGA is fantastic!

thats your perogitive, but i still feel that the show lost something when RDA (let's face it, he wasn't really there for season 8) & Don Davis left...
    season 9 was an improvement, (though i never really liked Landry) but i had two problems with it. the Goa'uld were gone, reps were gone, and everything was a bit too high-tech.

The introduction of the Pegasus replicators was un-necessary. it turned the wraith into more of an annoyance than the space vampires thay were in the beginning. (yea, i know the reps were brought in for season 3, but they were only sidelie villans for those 5 eps.) they also got rid of Wier (big mistake) and took way too ong bringing back Carson.
    they brought in Carter seemingly for the sake of it, then gave her practically no screen time. the show doesn't really get back into the swing of it until season 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

SGA
    when i said season 4 or 5 onwards i ment both seasons and also because my two most fav single parters for SG1 are in season 6

606 Abyss
    620 Full circle (i think its 620 - its the last ep anyway)

easyielly two of the best one parters during SG1

SGA
    User45701 wrote: »
    when i said season 4 or 5 onwards i ment both seasons and also because my two most fav single parters for SG1 are in season 6

606 Abyss
    620 Full circle (i think its 620 - its the last ep anyway)

easyielly two of the best one parters during SG1

yea, great eps,
    personally, my fave is season 7, it's got four excellant two parters as well as some great stand-alones...and IMO the greatest villan in the franchise. (yea, he was there from the end of season 5, but he gets way more exposure this year)

thats your perogitive, but i still feel that the show lost something when RDA (let's face it, he wasn't really there for season 8) & Don Davis left...
    season 9 was an improvement, (though i never really liked Landry) but i had two problems with it. the Goa'uld were gone, reps were gone, and everything was a bit too high-tech.

The introduction of the Pegasus replicators was un-necessary. it turned the wraith into more of an annoyance than the space vampires thay were in the beginning. (yea, i know the reps were brought in for season 3, but they were only sidelie villans for those 5 eps.) they also got rid of Wier (big mistake) and took way too ong bringing back Carson.
    they brought in Carter seemingly for the sake of it, then gave her practically no screen time. the show doesn't really get back into the swing of it until season 5.

This all very very true! But I still prefer SGA! :P
    I still like SG1 but SGA for the win I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mandandpeter

SGA
    I voted for SG-1 but I do love both SG-1 and SGA but I must say I do think SG-1 went alittle down hill when RDA left, but BB was not a bad replacement as mitchell but I prefered RDA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

Agreed. Well Season 5 was a bit better than Season 4, but still not as good as Seasons 1-3 :)

after Season 3 they tried to turn it into SG-1.2. big mistake. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement