Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Synergy

Options
  • 16-01-2009 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Synergy: The interaction of two or more agents or forces so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects.

One of the best examples of synergy for me is when those clever TV and Movie people add songs to a particular scene to make it tug at your heartstrings or get your juices flowing. There's loads of examples that I've seen over the years that has elevated a particular scene to make it magical and memorable. Here's a couple of examples off the top of my head.

Fight Club Final Scene: Where is my Mind- The Pixies.

Laverne's death in Scrubs: Bad Dream- Keane

Football tends to do this well during the major Championships but I can't think of any offhand. So what synergistic delights have been memorable to you over the years?

Comments

Advertisement