Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help re:Hibernian health cover and maternity benefits

Options
  • 16-01-2009 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Ive been considering taking out Level 1 on the I plan with Hibernian because i am hoping to try for a baby the year after next. But im not sure if there is any point in taking out Level 1-surely i would be entitled to the same benefits by simply going through the public health system. I live in Louth so there are no private hospitals here that i could avail of -the closest one is Newry-so not much point in going for level 2 is there-i wouldnt want to travel to Dublin for maternity care??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

ASIL1983 wrote: »
    Ive been considering taking out Level 1 on the I plan with Hibernian because i am hoping to try for a baby the year after next. But im not sure if there is any point in taking out Level 1-surely i would be entitled to the same benefits by simply going through the public health system. I live in Louth so there are no private hospitals here that i could avail of -the closest one is Newry-so not much point in going for level 2 is there-i wouldn't want to travel to Dublin for maternity care??

The difference between level 1 and level 2 for hospital accommodation is you only have semi private room in a private hospital which you won't get to use if you end up in the Loord (you probably would be lucky to get any type of bed there though - sorry couldn't resist). There is a difference of €1,000 for grant in aid between the levels but you would be entitled to the other extra maternity benefits offered with level 1 with Hibernian Aviva. VHI's Plan A have upped the amount payable to the doctor to €910.21.

Advertisement