Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car import figures

Options
  • 16-01-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,405 ✭✭✭✭

how long can garages survive this
    the local paper had registrations in donegal for november 33 new cars registered in donegal vs 346 imported 2nd hand cars.
    having just added to the jan figures and found local dealers absolutely refusing to shift on the price of 2nd cars i'm not suprised their lots are full of mouldy cars lots been there over a year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭meesa

how long can garages survive this
    the local paper had registrations in donegal for november 33 new cars registered in donegal vs 346 imported 2nd hand cars.
    having just added to the jan figures and found local dealers absolutely refusing to shift on the price of 2nd cars i'm not suprised their lots are full of mouldy cars lots been there over a year.

If the situation stays as it is at present used car dealers will have to just sell off what they have in stock and shut up shop. The writing was on the wall for the last year or so and is no surprise to anyone.
    For what it`s worth I had to shut up shop in my business (unrelated to motors) in late 2007...just a sign of the times I`m afraid.

Advertisement