Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Download being cancelled - No explanation

• 16-01-2009 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭

I have been trying to download Halo Combat Evolved from the Games Marketplace for a few days now. After a few minutes though, a message pops up saying the download has been cancelled, no expalnation given, and I have to restart the download, again and again and again!

Anyone have any ideas as to:
    1. why this happens?
    2. what can be done to stop it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wired or Wireless Connection?
    If wireless, is it stable? (Do you get disconnected from Live alot?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Do you start playing a game or do you leave it to download?

I know most downloads will stop once you start playing a game!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Mr E wrote: »
    Wired or Wireless Connection?
    If wireless, is it stable? (Do you get disconnected from Live alot?)

Wireless connection. Stable. Have had no issues with connection whatsoever besides this. Even when the download cancels, the connection to XboxLive is still open.
    Mr Moon wrote: »
    Do you start playing a game or do you leave it to download?

I know most downloads will stop once you start playing a game!!

I know that downloads stop during gameplay but this happens when I am still on the Dashboard. It also doesn't just stop, it cancels and is no longer in the Active Downloads list.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Otacon wrote: »
    I know that downloads stop during gameplay but this happens when I am still on the Dashboard. It also doesn't just stop, it cancels and is no longer in the Active Downloads list.

Ok, well I don't know why this is then, that's all I had to go on sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Happening to me aswell trying to download game demos.

Keeps saying download paused, happens if im playing a game or if i just leave the dashboard idle

• Advertisement

Happening to me aswell trying to download game demos.

Keeps saying download paused, happens if im playing a game or if i just leave the dashboard idle

If you press the middle button, go to the far left tab, and select Active Downloads, do they still show up there?

You mention your download being paused. Mine gets cancelled completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

jus wondering,do you have the space on your hardrive for the download to complete

jus wondering,do you have the space on your hardrive for the download to complete

Plenty. The download is 2.3GB and I have 54GB left on the HDD (Elite)

tis a strange 1 alrite,all u can do is keep trying it untill the xbox live gremlins give ya yer game:D

Sounds like it. I wouldn't mind so much but the copy of Halo 3 I have is with a friend and I was hoping this would be a filler.

:(

• Advertisement

the only other ting i can tink of is to ccheck your downloads on the xbox hard drive and see did it download any of the file to it,and if it did delete it and download it again,worth a try if you havnt tried it already

Did that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Have you been able to DL anything else since these failed attempts? Try DL'ing a demo of something. That way you'll know if it's only effecting this game.

I have downloaded Geometry Wars 2, a mappack for GOW2 and Braid with no issues. But nothing else of Halo's size.

Advertisement