Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No installation cd - wireless adapter

Options
  • 16-01-2009 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hey guys, bit of a novice question :o

i've been given a usb wireless adapter (belkin 802.11g 125 HSM) but no installation cd. The computer (vista) is upstairs and the phone line downstairs so i've no internet without bringing the pc downstairs. I've downloaded the driver from the belkin site, at someone elses house. Is that all i need to do or would i be just trying to update something that isn't installed? i can't find anything except the drivers and google is giving me lots of different answers...

Just want to check before i head home and find out it wasn't what i needed :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

No once you have the right driver you should be able to install ok. Just double check that it his the right driver and compatable with vista before going home.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Piko

Thanks TechieEddy :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Usually with a wireless card install the driver first and then just attach the usb.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Piko

dub45 wrote: »
    Usually with a wireless card install the driver first and then just attach the usb.

Does it make any difference if i've already plugged the adapter in before installing the driver? was seeing if it might work without the cd earlier today...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

No it shouldn't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement