Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Beast

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Swayze is supposed to be very good in this, but apparently the show itself is formulaic and clichéd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Must take a look at this. Always thought Swayze was a good actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Starts next Tuesday 2nd June on RTE 2 at 9pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Christ.. I really have no clue what the RTE scheduling team are at!

They give a.. let's face it.. pretty unknown (and poorly recieved by critics) show a prime time slot, while they relegate some of more popular shows to a post-midnight slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think they thought this was a good idea.

• Advertisement

Swayze is good but the other actor isnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭zoology lady

I liked it but in fairness, I will watch anything with Travis Fimmel:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

I watched it the other night (spurred on by the fact that Rte were plugging it non stop for the last 2 weeks - I fully expected to see "WATCH THE BEAST ON RTE" fading in over the Angelus at 6 o clock.) and it was alright, if somewhat muddled.

Patrick Swayze was credible as the lead, but the chap playing his partner was not. This chap seems to have a limited range, which amounts to : 1) Smile seductively and 2) have bulgey out eyes & shout a lot.

The former means he'd make a great cardigan model for the littlewoods catalogue, but since he used the latter for pretty much every scene, I think method acting is a little beyond him yet.

I dont think it's going to amount to any more than a middling mid season filler show, and while many here & in the U.S. didnt like it and said so, I think if the unfortunate Swayze was in the full of his health, the criticism would have been much more harsh.

Things aren't looking great for a second season of The Beast.
    A&E isn't expected to renew the Patrick Swayze-fronted cop drama, sources told Variety. A rep for the cable network, however, told TVGuide.com that no official decision about the show's future has been made.
    The series' first season ran for 13 episodes, and the finale aired April 23.
    The show has overcome its share of obstacles. Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer after the pilot was shot, but the actor received a doctor's OK to complete filming once the series was picked up. Swayze also missed an appearance to promote the new series at a Television Critics Association panel in January when he was hospitalized for pneumonia.
    In addition to its star's failing health, the show received soft ratings throughout its run. Even so, speculation mounted that the show might continue for a second season with a new leading man.

Poor Swayze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Decision officially made. No season 2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement