Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Storm On Saturday

Options
  • 16-01-2009 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭

It seems we are in for a major wind event tomorrow with Met Eireann warning that winds on the West Coast could reach over 140 kmh per hour. Time to batten down the hatches, also saying we could get Snow from Sunday into next Tuesday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Tempted to go out the bay on the racing boat, it's designed for that kinda sh1te weather :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Hmmm

I'll be a lot happier when you log in as your other self......flatcalm1

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

big b wrote: »
    Hmmm

I'll be a lot happier when you log in as your other self......flatcalm1

;)

Nice One
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Has the Ice Rink been taken down yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Storm 10 wrote: »
    It seems we are in for a major wind event tomorrow with Met Eireann warning that winds on the West Coast could reach over 140 kmh per hour. Time to batten down the hatches, also saying we could get Snow from Sunday into next Tuesday.

I just had a major wind event myself :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

:(

Have to travel through the night to Dublin Aiport for a 06:30. I really hope there's no floods which stop me getting to the airport and I hope winds aren't as severe on the East Coast because 140kmh Southerly winds would surely cause some flights to be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

Damn, was hoping to go rallying tomorrow.

Bad news for where I work so. It's pretty much weather-dependent, so that means it's going to be effin' busy.

Nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

flazio wrote: »
    Has the Ice Rink been taken down yet?

In progress I think: the walls were gone when I looked across today. But maybe they got really busy and finished the job this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

JustMary wrote: »
    In progress I think: the walls were gone when I looked across today. But maybe they got really busy and finished the job this afternoon.

Hope so, or it will end up in the Corrib again!

• Advertisement

F00kin hell it's windy. Had planned to be out the rally cookin' up some sausage sandwiches by now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

my feckin bin blew over and now there is rubbish all over the garden. argh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

damn it! and here was me thinking that this weather would blow over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We had to put blocks on our trampoline. There was a trampoline on one of the roads in Turloughmore, people were texting in to say to be careful out that end. It's hail-stoning mad now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Like a feckin i walked into town. But its cleared up a bit now. Wonder how bad it will be tonight

Krieg wrote: »
    Like a feckin i walked into town. But its cleared up a bit now. Wonder how bad it will be tonight

I wanted to go for a walk out the prom but the GF said no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I wanted to go for a walk out the prom but the GF said no :(

Snap!

Zzippy wrote: »
    Snap!

You didn't let me finish.....

... So I sent her into the kitchen to cook the fcuking dinner and I went for a walk....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

• Advertisement

atl-iso-tod.gif
    It did seem to calm down in the afternoon, I wonder if that was the eye of the storm passing over?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

I'm in San Fran and it's 21 degress and sunny...wind? Nil :D

just thought i'd let ye know, yes i know, i'm a bastard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Bass Cadet wrote: »

I wish I could go to San Fran to post on Boards. . . :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

San Fran is the GAY capital of the US so lolz @ you Bass Cadet!:p

Steyr wrote: »
    San Fran is the GAY capital of the US so lolz @ you Bass Cadet!:p

LOL pwned :D

Back on topic, oil tanker had trouble mooring in Docks tonight. Pilot boat at full welly and strategic rope work to get her tightened up - Good work Galway Pilot boat, serious skill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

JohnCleary wrote: »
    LOL pwned :D

Back on topic, oil tanker had trouble mooring in Docks tonight. Pilot boat at full welly and strategic rope work to get her tightened up - Good work Galway Pilot boat, serious skill

Saw that tanker when I passed by the docks on the way home from the station. Not surprising that it had some difficulty..

I was in Manchester for most of the weekend. It was fine weather for out and about over there - only a light breeze and one shower of rain on Saturday evening. Glad I missed the big Galway storm.

Holy crap that wind was something immense. I had to walk to and from work in it. At one point on Saturday afternoon staff and customers alike just stopped what they were doing; the wind sounded like an explosion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Bass Cadet wrote: »

It's supposed to rain there on Wednesday so don't get too excited:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Holy crap that wind was something immense. I had to walk to and from work in it. At one point on Saturday afternoon staff and customers alike just stopped what they were doing; the wind sounded like an explosion.

That was probably the gust that sent my sky dish spinning round the pole it's (almost) fixed to.
    Twas a bummer having to jacket up & go out to fix it so I could see the soccer results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Blew a section of my backyard fence down.

Advertisement