Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have to take your first choice on the CAO?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

cocoa wrote: »
    for anyone who is unsure about the CAO, please please please, read the CAO handbook.

Every single question asked in this thread is answered in the handbook and, unlike this thread, you can rely on the CAO handbook to give genuine factual answers, as opposed to, as is often the case, the kind of speculation and argument you can get on boards.

eg, in response to the last question, on page 18 of the handbook it states:

The language in the cao handbook is very precise. Lsit your course in order of preferance. Not on examination results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

seamus wrote: »
    CI'm still staggered by the number of people who don't get this and put down medicine and the like "Just in case".
    Im sorry. I dont understand what you meant by that. Could you explain please?

Jammyc wrote: »
    Im sorry. I dont understand what you meant by that. Could you explain please?

I think he meant that many people put medicine and similar high points courses down on their CAO just incase they get the points.

He was refering to people who place the choices on their CAO in order of points, opposed to order of preference, which is the correct way of doing it.

(Correct me if I'm wrong Seamus:pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

Thanks for the help guys...
    Im a mature student studying for the GAMSAT, grad med entry.
    I suppose its the same scenario...

At the minute i have UCD down 1st, as i just presumed that it would have a better course than UL which just started last year, and UCD has been doing medicene for ages...

Now im not so sure, as im from Limerick and with the fee's and recessionary times ;) i might have to go for UL.
    Hopefully it wont count against me later on...

Look at me, getting ahead of myself. I havent even sat the Gamsat yet lol.

Any advice appreciated.
    UL Grad Med vs Grad Med UCD vs UCC...

I might start a new thread for that.

Thanks again...
    And good luck guys.

John

Advertisement