Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any optimistic storys

Options
  • 16-01-2009 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi,
    Quite a few threads regarding cars being nicked and vandalised by worthless scummers!!, most recently the thread about the chaps mx5 nicked and vandalised, belowlink. Does anyone have some positve storys i.e, F&*kers getting caught in progress of nicking a motor/caught after/ made to pay ect ect, in a world of negativity, there must be some signs of these scumbags getting caught?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055462479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Not an optimistic story but a good one all the same! Two years ago (Christmas 2007), I was looking for something in my old mans van in the driveway, it was around 3 in the morning and I think it was a torch I was looking for. The van was parked facing out to the road and I got into the van through the drivers door and leaned over to the glovebox to rumage around for this missing torch.

Anyway, I wasn't aware that a Garda car had passed by me and seen the van door open and could see my head and shoulder sticking out just above the dash from where they were looking, it must have looked like I was trying to hotwire the van.

Anyway, they jumped out of the car and at the same time I was getting out of the van and they jumped into the garden thinking I was trying to do a runner!

I had my licence on me with my address on it (where they were standing!), and they were more than happy with that and full of apologies, I ended up giving them a bottle of whiskey each for their efforts, (I had a few bottles in the van for customers at Christmas), I was that impressed with them, as my attitude towards Gardai is usually pretty negative!

So hats off to these lads, eyes open and wide awake at 3 in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I don't know if this is too optimistic, but my dad's car was robbed last November from outside his apartment and used in an armed robbery. They were caught later the same day in it thankfully - and no-one was hurt, which is the most important thing everyone should remember in these situations*. We think this is the news article here.

It looks like very little damage was done (they got the keys somehow), but as he has moved to France, he was hoping to sell it - no chance now though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I'm a night owl and only the Satuday just gone I heard a couple of "likely lads" chatting casually at 5am. Needless to say straight away got suspicious as no-ones ever around that time of morning usually.

Looked out the window slyly to see em eying up a few cars (leaning in etc) and knew one of the neighbours cars was about to get done in. So straight out with the phone book to ring the local boys in blue. As soon as they answer and I tell em the story they say "we've had numerous reports of these guys all night and they've hit a few already".

So I stay on the line with the Garda while they direct the patrol car. Scum sees the Garda coming (the way the estate is you see people long time before they actually get there) and the scum quietly slip around the other side of the aprtment block out of view. So while still on the phone to the Garda telling them exactly what they're doing I walk to the back of the apartment to keep an eye on the scumbags.

1st car holds off then another patrol car arrives and drives to where they were and when the scum saw them they presumed it was the 1st and only patrol car and ran the opposite way directly into the arms of the lads in the other 2nd patrol car.

****ers got nicked on the spot and I went to bed knowing my car was safe :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Anyway, they jumped out of the car and at the same time I was getting out of the van and they jumped into the garden thinking I was trying to do a runner!

So hats off to these lads, eyes open and wide awake at 3 in the morning!

At least they where jumping into hedges and not out of them! ;)

Advertisement